Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well that was stressful.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well that was stressful.

Main points to note:
    1. Top ****housery from Benny White
    2. scum going mad about the 'foul' by Trossard. Yes he clipped his heel but he wasn't even looking at him. Never a foul
    3. Raya - superb, apart from that moment of madness
    4. Vicario is shockingly weak at set pieces
    5. Odegaard was poor
    6. I do wish we'd try Martinelli through the middle. Twice Havertz was through but not quick enough

Tomiyasu was a bit shakey.

It was a weird game. we were not that good but some how were 3-0 up

Job done on to the next one.
    City won't drop points

Though it would be very nice if some how Spurs ended up making us win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

City won't drop points

Though it would be very nice if some how Spurs ended up making us win the league.
    Do City play spurs before we play United? I just wonder if both sides won't really turn up in order to stuff their rivals

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Do City play spurs before we play United? I just wonder if both sides won't really turn up in order to stuff their rivals
    I think we are first. so I think we can win the league at WHL without us being there.
    I have run so many scenarios through my head mathmatically I am totally lost now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

City won't drop points

Exactly that. I thought we were ok in a first half that we won 3-0 and then largely excellent in a second half we lost 2-0.

The Raya mistake was absurd but other than that he was outstanding. I don't think there is a better keeper in the league on coming for balls into the box. Ramsdale would have struggled yesterday.

Main points to note:
    1. Top ****housery from Benny White
    2. scum going mad about the 'foul' by Trossard. Yes he clipped his heel but he wasn't even looking at him. Never a foul
    3. Raya - superb, apart from that moment of madness
    4. Vicario is shockingly weak at set pieces
    5. Odegaard was poor
    6. I do wish we'd try Martinelli through the middle. Twice Havertz was through but not quick enough
    we have an uncanny knack of making the last ten minutes of games we are in utter control of, absolutely exhausting.

Thought Odegaard did well tbh. To think, some people were comparing that ****housing rat, Maddison, to him

re: 6 - Van De Ven is really, quite quick, tbf.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    we have an uncanny knack of making the last ten minutes of games we are in utter control of, absolutely exhausting.

Thought Odegaard did well tbh. To think, some people were comparing that ****housing rat, Maddison, to him

He is quick but on the last one, it was Ben Davies as last man. Martinelli would have roasted him.

Maddison and Son were anonymous.

He is quick but on the last one, it was Ben Davies as last man. Martinelli would have roasted him.

Can't quite work out Maddison's hair though.

Martinelli needs a bit of confidence urgently.

I thought Havertz was brilliant. He took so long to play that pass to Saka that it turned out perfect

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Cuti Romero was good too; covered every blade of grass, IF that's what you want from your centre back. 50-odd GA is suggestive ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."