Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I thought we were supposed to be shagged out? Or worse, chokers?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    It's his languid stylee innit.
    See also Kanu and Ozil.
    That said, Havertz held off Cucurella (who was particularly **** and annoying) like he was a small child.
    You'll like this photo

https://twitter.com/LowerNorthBank/s...30342175142253

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    How **** was Mudryk? Utterly anonymous.
    To be fair, you have to apply some context here. With Arteta you have coaching and structure that can get great performances from good players. With Chelsea it is precisely the opposite- a total mess that turns really good players into mush. They could **** up Maradona.

I think there is a good player in Mudryk. I know there is in Caicedo because I saw it at Brighton. But he has been appalling at Chelsea for the most part. Their defending last night was atrocious- you wouldn't get away with that playing for the Bricklayers Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Whilst he might come good, it currently looks like we dodged a bullet, there.
    No matter how good he becomes, the signing of Trossard will remain the better option. He has been massive for us for 18 months and we needed immediate contributions, not future promise. An absolute steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    To be fair, you have to apply some context here. With Arteta you have coaching and structure that can get great performances from good players. With Chelsea it is precisely the opposite- a total mess that turns really good players into mush. They could **** up Maradona.

I think there is a good player in Mudryk. I know there is in Caicedo because I saw it at Brighton. But he has been appalling at Chelsea for the most part. Their defending last night was atrocious- you wouldn't get away with that playing for the Bricklayers Arms.
    To a point maybe but Cole Palmer doesn't seem to be hindered by that.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    No sign of an article in the Tele today from that odious pr1ck Jason Burt who's probably hiding somewhere desperately hoping we lose to Spurs so he drag up a few cliches to prove he was right all along.

C*nt.

And a coward, too.

Meanwhile, how good is Kai Havertz? And win the league or not, how good are we for a team so young?
    I bow to no man in my admiration for Odegaard, and despite his man of the match performance he clearly didn't look quite right in the first half - a number of misplaced passes which is completely unlike him.

Saka is definitely running on fumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I bow to no man in my admiration for Odegaard, and despite his man of the match performance he clearly didn't look quite right in the first half - a number of misplaced passes which is completely unlike him.

Saka is definitely running on fumes.
    Saliba has been looking a little iffy in recent weeks.

To a point maybe but Cole Palmer doesn't seem to be hindered by that.
    No, nor Gallagher. Some players can still thrive in chaos but others will struggle.

Look at what they did to Havertz. He was a shell of a footballer when he joined us and it took months to get him looking as though he wanted to be on the pitch again. And he only worked through it by playing regular minutes. Mudryk is in and out. Understandable as he is genuinely stand-out awful, but I still think there is ability there.

Excellent. Captures Cucurella's contribution to his team last night, perfectly.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Saliba has been looking a little iffy in recent weeks.
    Was a bit surprised to see Jackson get away from him. Looked very leggy

Was a bit surprised to see Jackson get away from him. Looked very leggy
    Yes, although Jackson is very quick. Saliba has misplaced a few passes in recent games and there have been a few examples of him making the wrong decision.

Overall, still bloody good