Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Is there a worse forward than Nicholas Jackson ?

Is there a worse forward than Nicholas Jackson ?

That one on one miss when we were 3 up was possibly the most inept piece of finishing I think I’ve ever seen.
    Acres of space to Raya’s right and he fires it into the side netting.
    I thought he was shyte against City but tonight was something special.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    That one on one miss when we were 3 up was possibly the most inept piece of finishing I think I’ve ever seen.
    He comes from Senegal
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Chamakh? Jeffers?

post reported to Gervinho
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

There are plenty, and don't laugh too hard or we might go and buy one in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    There are plenty, and don't laugh too hard or we might go and buy one in the summer.
    No-one cares about that, so long as our one scores loads; he can be as inept and incompetent as he likes otherwise.

Ideally Jesus and Eddie would fill the void but if they refuse then questions will continue to be asked, about these two specifically. Fairplay to the manager, at least he's moved the conversation on from "Can the Arsenal score enough goals".
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No-one cares about that, so long as our one scores loads; he can be as inept and incompetent as he likes otherwise.

Ideally Jesus and Eddie would fill the void but if they refuse then questions will continue to be asked, about these two specifically. Fairplay to the manager, at least he's moved the conversation on from "Can the Arsenal score enough goals".
    I think what this season has shown is that you don't need your centre forward to score loads. You just need him to not miss loads of chances.

That is the problem with Jesus. It isn't that he doesn't score goals, its the goals he doesn't score.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think what this season has shown is that you don't need your centre forward to score loads. You just need him to not miss loads of chances.

That is the problem with Jesus. It isn't that he doesn't score goals, its the goals he doesn't score.
    Agreed. It's been an issue for ages and even more precisely, first half goals especially early on; the ones that REALLY allow us to control games.

Maputo Gooner (PBUH) used to complain bitterly that they rarely got to see any goals at "that" end of the Emirates. And that was with Henry in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Agreed. It's been an issue for ages and even more precisely, first half goals especially early on; the ones that REALLY allow us to control games.

Maputo Gooner (PBUH) used to complain bitterly that they rarely got to see any goals at "that" end of the Emirates. And that was with Henry in the team.
    Havertz did a very good impression of a modern centre forward last night. Won lots of headers, exquisite first touch, good in the press and scored twice, the first one being almost Haaling-esque. One of my favourite goals of the season so far.

Scored the worst hat-trick in history and then added a terrible 4th. It was horrid