Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So where do we need upgrades to compete with BM/Madrid etc?

So where do we need upgrades to compete with BM/Madrid etc?

Clearly we need a better LB but that is meant to be Timber, and while I'm not as big a fan of Gabriel as some, it's hard to argue that Saliba/Gabriel as a partnership hasn't been a strength this year. And Ben White has been very good.

So midfield then - not going to do better than Ride and Odegaard, so an upgrade on the other midfielder? Not seen this Zubimendi chap but it feels like we could use another player here.

And then we have our attacking three. Not convinced we need an out and out striker (sorry red) but certainly Gabi and even Saka have had quiet spells this year. So another and a better attacking option up front, striker or otherwise.

And finally possibly the most important new signing, another year of experience and development from a very young squad. Average age of 25 last night and a manager who seems to have the ability to develop players.

It's now on in 25

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Clearly we need a better LB but that is meant to be Timber, and while I'm not as big a fan of Gabriel as some, it's hard to argue that Saliba/Gabriel as a partnership hasn't been a strength this year. And Ben White has been very good.

So midfield then - not going to do better than Ride and Odegaard, so an upgrade on the other midfielder? Not seen this Zubimendi chap but it feels like we could use another player here.

And then we have our attacking three. Not convinced we need an out and out striker (sorry red) but certainly Gabi and even Saka have had quiet spells this year. So another and a better attacking option up front, striker or otherwise.

And finally possibly the most important new signing, another year of experience and development from a very young squad. Average age of 25 last night and a manager who seems to have the ability to develop players.

It's now on in 25
    We are desperate for a quality finisher, how many chance has Jesus passed up? Even if it's a better option than Eddie.
    Sell Eddie, Nelson, Patino & Zinny
    Buy Isak or Watkins
    Promote Nwaneri and even promote the 16 year old striker Obi-Martin who's banging them in for fun in the U18's

well we have definitely spent sum faaking money in the past years.

I am a bit worried about Martinelli and Saka's development, seems to be stalling

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We are desperate for a quality finisher, how many chance has Jesus passed up? Even if it's a better option than Eddie.
    Buy Isak or Watkins
    Promote Nwaneri and even promote the 16 year old striker Obi-Martin who's banging them in for fun in the U18's
    What kind of perversity is this p?

I expect you've been watching the girls, as well

Buy Isak or Watkins
    Good Lord. A 16 year old striker, no doubt good for his age but is probably only standing out because his peers haven’t caught up yet in the maturity stakes.
    He’d almost certainly disappear playing with the adults..
    They said similar about Patino being a potential worldy, best academy midfielder blah blah.. but he’s now on the bench every game at Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    well we have definitely spent sum faaking money in the past years.

I am a bit worried about Martinelli and Saka's development, seems to be stalling
    Saka 18 goals and 12 assists, he had a poor game last night but another very good season. Martinelli, needs to learn to use his left foot, he's become a bit predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Good Lord. A 16 year old striker, no doubt good for his age but is probably only standing out because his peers haven’t caught up yet in the maturity stakes.
    He’d almost certainly disappear playing with the adults..
    They said similar about Patino being a potential worldy, best academy midfielder blah blah.. but he’s now on the bench every game at Swansea.
    25 goals in 5 games for the U18's.....didn't seem to worry Liverpool with Fowler and Owen, plus we bought Walcott at 17? Good enough, old enough. Plus he's a beast!

Certainly give him a shot in the U21's
    Last edited by PSRB; 04-18-2024 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What kind of perversity is this p?

I expect you've been watching the girls, as well
    Leah Williamson

The U18 stuff was all over X

Saka 18 goals and 12 assists, he had a poor game last night but another very good season. Martinelli, needs to learn to use his left foot, he's become a bit predictable.
    I love Saka, but i am worried Arteta is grinding him into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I love Saka, but i am worried Arteta is grinding him into the ground.
    I suspect Nelson will start against Wolves. Saka does need a break.