Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So where do we need upgrades to compete with BM/Madrid etc?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Saka 18 goals and 12 assists, he had a poor game last night but another very good season. Martinelli, needs to learn to use his left foot, he's become a bit predictable.
    I've said it before, but our system just doesn't help Martinelli, particularly since Xhaka left. Getting the best out of him would make us far harder to play against.

We are desperate for a quality finisher, how many chance has Jesus passed up? Even if it's a better option than Eddie.
    Sell Eddie, Nelson, Patino & Zinny
    Buy Isak or Watkins
    Promote Nwaneri and even promote the 16 year old striker Obi-Martin who's banging them in for fun in the U18's
    Agree on Nwaneri. I think he will get games next year.

We have Tierney to sell/ give away, and I think Partey will go. We are going to need a new midfielder and possibly defensive cover.

BUT- Arteta sees stuff that we don't and plans things we wouldn't. He'll spend in the summer but it may well take us al by surprise.

As WES says, our biggest addition is another year's experience for the core group. THey are still 2-3 years away from their peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Agree on Nwaneri. I think he will get games next year.

We have Tierney to sell/ give away, and I think Partey will go. We are going to need a new midfielder and possibly defensive cover.

BUT- Arteta sees stuff that we don't and plans things we wouldn't. He'll spend in the summer but it may well take us al by surprise.

As WES says, our biggest addition is another year's experience for the core group. THey are still 2-3 years away from their peak.
    Your final point is spot on, the manager will also benefit from this years' CL experience.

Your final point is spot on, the manager will also benefit from this years' CL experience.
    We have clearly improved since last season, the manager seems to learn and the team is young so the future is bright.

Unfortunately I can't see anything other than ESR being sold this summer. If Arteta wouldn't rotate enough to give him minutes this year I don't see it happening going forward. Shame but I just don't see where he fits.

Zubimendi looks very good on youtube

Most importantly, we will ALL benefit from Pep being one year closer to the door.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Most importantly, we will ALL benefit from Pep being one year closer to the door.
    I think we'll all be happier when they sort these 115 charges out!

I think we'll all be happier when they sort these 115 charges out!
    I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'd settle for forcing them to comply from now on.

Good God no, they need to be hammered....as do Chelsea.

Sad but true. The lesson is: If you're going to cheat you'd better cheat very well
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Good God no, they need to be hammered....as do Chelsea.
    My understanding is that Chelsea complied by spreading payments over giant contracts. That is going to seriously bite them over the next 5 years or so.

City are going to get away with it, one way or another.