Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other random observations from yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, and I'm sure Arteta will dissect the video of the match and understand what went wrong, meanwhile the rest of us just moan and offer dubious opinions.

But I'm not having that the first half was competitive a la Jason Burt. We controlled the game completely and they barely had a sniff other than one chance from a (another) Gabriel moment of madness. We should have been at least 2 up at half time or even 1 up if Trossard doesn't f*ck up with one of the misses of the season.

Fair enough we lost, but teams that choke or feel the pressure do not dominate the first half the way we did.

We're getting gubbed Wed night, of course
    Pretty much my view on the game.......and Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, and I'm sure Arteta will dissect the video of the match and understand what went wrong, meanwhile the rest of us just moan and offer dubious opinions.

But I'm not having that the first half was competitive a la Jason Burt. We controlled the game completely and they barely had a sniff other than one chance from a (another) Gabriel moment of madness. We should have been at least 2 up at half time or even 1 up if Trossard doesn't f*ck up with one of the misses of the season.

Fair enough we lost, but teams that choke or feel the pressure do not dominate the first half the way we did.

We're getting gubbed Wed night, of course
    There were 3 or 4 occasions in the first half where they were very close to catching us on the counter attack. A bad pass a shirt pull and the inside of the post helped us out. That is tolerable, given that it is a product of his decision to use Havertz where he did, which to be fair did work in the first half.

Most of what we created came from balls inside the full back to runs from deeper positions. Villa reacted to that in the second half by defending narrower and using the spare man in midfield. Second half, I think I can remember us having one shot on goal.

I wouldn't say we choked. I would say we weren't at our precise best in the box in the first half and were then pretty much outplayed in the second. I bet we were knackered, and I would also bet that Arteta didn't want to give Jorginho too many minutes as he is planning to use him in Munich.

Whatever.... it didn't work and now we are ****ed

I know Trossard 'deserved' a start but I still don't think he should start ahead of Martinelli. I much prefer him as an impact sub.

Also, yet again, how many kicks did Saka take without any yellow cards, it's very ****ing annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I know Trossard 'deserved' a start but I still don't think he should start ahead of Martinelli. I much prefer him as an impact sub.

Also, yet again, how many kicks did Saka take without any yellow cards, it's very ****ing annoying.
    Their no. 3 was rather good, I'd have him at The Arsenal in a second. Built like a brick sh1thouse as well.

#steroidjunkie