Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Watching old Arsenal clips

Watching old Arsenal clips

Havertz = John Radford. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    Decent call. Young Kai is what classic centre-forwards look like (if a little on the lanky streak of piss-side), same skillset. If he scored a few more goals than he does, there would be no discussion at all about his best position.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Don't recall John R doing the defensive duties that Kaiser Kai also covers.

Would Kai don the gloves if required? In an FA Cup s/f? Unlikely these days that an outfield player would be called upon I suppose with the hordes of subs available.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post

Would Kai don the gloves if required? In an FA Cup s/f? Unlikely these days that an outfield player would be called upon I suppose with the hordes of subs available.

Haha, I don't recall TH14 venturing over to the Arsenal side of the halfway line!! I suspect John R didn't cross over much either. The video was very grainy and think there was just one fixed camera.

I picked up that tidbit on Radford donning the gloves in my reading. Against Stoke, maybe? Was there like only one sub then? Maybe none? Don't know.

Haha, I don't recall TH14 venturing over to the Arsenal side of the halfway line!! I suspect John R didn't cross over much either. The video was very grainy and think there was just one fixed camera.

I picked up that tidbit on Radford donning the gloves in my reading. Against Stoke, maybe? Was there like only one sub then? Maybe none? Don't know.
    One sub back then.

Harry Kane went between the sticks in a European game for Spurs after they'd used all their subs, 'only' three allowed then I think.

Also AWIMB's own-by-marriage Phil Jagielka has played in goal against Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post

Fair points.

Olivier Giroud did have a spin in goal for Meelan the other week. Got man of the match for it too apparently. If only we'd known.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."