Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gabriel’s brain farts

Gabriel’s brain farts

They’ve always been a feature of his game, but the Liverpool *scoop own goal and inexplicably picking the ball up last night does make you wonder where his heads at on occasion

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    They’ve always been a feature of his game, but the Liverpool *scoop own goal and inexplicably picking the ball up last night does make you wonder where his heads at on occasion
    Don't recall the Gabriel 'handball' pick-up at all. Did TNT show it?

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Don't recall the Gabriel 'handball' pick-up at all. Did TNT show it?
    It was a simple misunderstanding over whether the goal kick had been 'taken' or not. Tuchel made a massive deal out of it in his post match interview to distract from the conversation over the Saka penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Tuchel made a massive deal out of it in his post match interview to distract from the conversation over the Saka penalty.
    I heard he was moaning about that. It didn't even register with me that the incident had happened. I remember the goal kick on watching back, but at the time, Gabriel was merely taking a goal kick.

Though I didn't hear of him moaning about throw ins and free kicks not being taken from the correct place. Which are about as momentous as what he's moaning about.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I heard he was moaning about that. It didn't even register with me that the incident had happened. I remember the goal kick on watching back, but at the time, Gabriel was merely taking a goal kick.

Though I didn't hear of him moaning about throw ins and free kicks not being taken from the correct place. Which are about as momentous as what he's moaning about.
    It is pretty pathetic and it would be a massive decision for a ref to give. No intent, no advantage, trivial, and potentially handing a match winning moment to the opponent. Like giving a second yellow for deliberate handball to a player who catches a ball above his head as it is heading out for a throw in.

Honestly, I think he was just trying to avoid talking about Saka.

It is pretty pathetic and it would be a massive decision for a ref to give. No intent, no advantage, trivial, and potentially handing a match winning moment to the opponent. Like giving a second yellow for deliberate handball to a player who catches a ball above his head as it is heading out for a throw in.

RVP getting sent off when shooting a billionth of a second after the ref blows his whistle that no-one can hear anyway cos 70k plebby dagos are whistling to put him off his shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    RVP getting sent off when shooting a billionth of a second after the ref blows his whistle that no-one can hear anyway cos 70k plebby dagos are whistling to put him off his shot?
    Right. Just like that one
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Agreed but we all know a whole raft of refs would have punished him for it under the rules is rules mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. Just like that one
    Dan Critchlow made a good point on X.

"You'd be fuming is someone chucked the ball to a teammate for them to take the throw in and the ref was like "Foul throw, you threw the ball, that's a foul throw!"
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Dan Critchlow made a good point on X.

"You'd be fuming is someone chucked the ball to a teammate for them to take the throw in and the ref was like "Foul throw, you threw the ball, that's a foul throw!"
    Quite right. Fake outrage, imo. Silliness.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."