Thread: The person we should be moaning about isn’t the ref

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Harsh imo.

Under performers, last night...

Raya
    Kiwior
    Jorginho
    Martinelli

TP5 was horrendous! Let's hope we don't have to rely on him at any point during the run-in.

Rice was slightly off the boil (!)

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    TP5 was horrendous! Let's hope we don't have to rely on him at any point during the run-in.

Rice was slightly off the boil (!)
    Ahem...! Partey made a brilliant foul and took his yellow like a man

Zinchenko, a few moments earlier, went on another aimless run, and overran the ball, exposing us to a counter attack. His momentum took him right onto the player he gave the ball to and he had the perfect opportunity to block him and prevent the counter. He didn't.

And this is a guy raised at City, the masters of the tactical foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Zinchenko, a few moments earlier, went on another aimless run, and overran the ball, exposing us to a counter attack. His momentum took him right onto the player he gave the ball to and he had the perfect opportunity to block him and prevent the counter. He didn't.

Why is Tommy third choice left back? I was hoping we'd see him start.

TP5 was horrendous! Let's hope we don't have to rely on him at any point during the run-in.)
    His was merely a cameo of mediocraty.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I thought Zinny did alright when he came on.

He does go on these runs up his own backside on occasion leaving his position untended, but he was still better than Kiwior was.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Why is Tommy third choice left back? I was hoping we'd see him start.
    All three of them offer something different. Kiwior is effectively a third centre back allowing White to invert if required. Zinchenko is an inverted full back who can't defend but is technically adept at giving the ball away further up the pitch. Tomiyasu is arguably a better full back than either of them but is not as good at either playing the inverted role or covering it.

And Timber will likely be picked ahead of all three next season

All three of them offer something different. Kiwior is effectively a third centre back allowing White to invert if required. Zinchenko is an inverted full back who can't defend but is technically adept at giving the ball away further up the pitch. Tomiyasu is arguably a better full back than either of them but is not as good at either playing the inverted role or covering it.

And Timber will likely be picked ahead of all three next season
    lol. It's great to have a SQUAD!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Kane shouldn't have been on the pitch and I'm sorry, that's a penalty
    In the PL that would have been a straight red Gabriel for recklessly clattering into Kane's elbow with his neck.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    lol. It's great to have a SQUAD!
    Indeed. Arteta said he wanted flexibility and now we have it. It just took us a while to learn how to use it.

And Timber will likely be picked ahead of all three next season [/QUOTE]

True dat