Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a confession

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Do you mean your parents? I think if they are making it an unattractive option, they might be trying to tell you something.

I love going to London - but only for a few days at a time. Not sure I would live there again
    I love it as well, and probably would live there again. But I am regularly astonished at how many of the old pubs I used to drink in have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Do you mean your parents? I think if they are making it an unattractive option, they might be trying to tell you something.

I love going to London - but only for a few days at a time. Not sure I would live there again
    it's them, they have barbed wired off their street and have a mental cat

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    that north london forever song is growing on me

then again wonder of you did too until that bloody CL game against United.
    I like it but I hated The Wonder Of You. I hate Presley and I hate US "culture" and couldn't for the life of me work out why it was being played before our games. I used to stay in the bar bit until the song finished, I detested it so much.

Given the only chant we seemed to have when we first moved to Ashburton was "Who are ya? Who are ya?", I thought we should have played "Who Are You" by The Who. Daltrey's a Gooner and the Clock End could all have pointed at the away fans and sung "Who the fück are you" at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I like it but I hated The Wonder Of You. I hate Presley and I hate US "culture" and couldn't for the life of me work out why it was being played before our games. I used to stay in the bar bit until the song finished, I detested it so much.

Given the only chant we seemed to have when we first moved to Ashburton was "Who are ya? Who are ya?", I thought we should have played "Who Are You" by The Who. Daltrey's a Gooner and the Clock End could all have pointed at the away fans and sung "Who the fück are you" at them.
    You can hate Elvis if you want, but that guy could sing

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

What the fvck was all that Elvis stuff about, eh?

Quite liked Lux Aeterna when they played that. Soft spot for Clint Mansell from his PWEI days.

As for Sweet Caroline being played anywhere...FúCK RIGHT OFF!

Thank fvck we never got into that playing music malarky when we scored goals.

I feel good...etc :shudder:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    What the fvck was all that Elvis stuff about, eh?

Quite liked Lux Aeterna when they played that. Soft spot for Clint Mansell from his PWEI days.

As for Sweet Caroline being played anywhere...FúCK RIGHT OFF!

Thank fvck we never got into that playing music malarky when we scored goals.

I feel good...etc :shudder:
    One of the good things about not winning the league is not having to listen to We Are the Champions.... ****ing horrific

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    One of the good things about not winning the league is not having to listen to We Are the Champions.... ****ing horrific
    Agreed.

We reviewed Queen recently, didn't we? Fvcking novelty act.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Agreed.

We reviewed Queen recently, didn't we? Fvcking novelty act.
    We did

And WES is unlikely to forgive me any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You can hate Elvis if you want, but that guy could sing
    Well said, Peter.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."