Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Odegaard’s just perfection, isn’t he ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Don’t you mean Squard
    I wonder if M is enjoying all this. Hope so.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Got better with the second round of subs. Pretty comfy.
    The captain looked fagged out.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The captain looked fagged out.
    Yeah, he did. Bit worrying. He puts an awful lot of work in.

Smith Rowe played very nicely. Really good player.

Yeah, he did. Bit worrying. He puts an awful lot of work in.

Smith Rowe played very nicely. Really good player.
    Yep. Very tidy indeed and great hustle for the first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yep. Very tidy indeed and great hustle for the first goal.
    Absolute cruise, never needed to get out of 2nd gear. ESR was, as you say, very tidy. Nelson & Eddie will be off in the summer, didn't see anything from either that convinces me they're good enough.

Could have really improved our GD, they were there for the taking but I suppose the positive is we didn't expel much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Absolute cruise, never needed to get out of 2nd gear. ESR was, as you say, very tidy. Nelson & Eddie will be off in the summer, didn't see anything from either that convinces me they're good enough.

Could have really improved our GD, they were there for the taking but I suppose the positive is we didn't expel much effort.
    Nelson was taking up some rather unusual positions last night. I am not really sure what he was supposed to be doing.

I think he is a decent player but possibly not ideal for our structure.

Zinchenko is a liability.
    Everyone knows this.

Last night, as against most teams when Zinny plays - Kick Off. Long ball into Zinny's position hoping that he ****s it up.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Was a walk in the park.

Thought ESR was a little 'out of touch' for the first 15 mins. Adapted into the game really well after that.

Eddie. Not exactly pushing his price up...

Heard on the radio today that Luton didn't score in a match for the first time in ages... who knew?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Everyone knows this.

Last night, as against most teams when Zinny plays - Kick Off. Long ball into Zinny's position hoping that he ****s it up.
    Last night we looked a lot more comfortable when Tomiyasu came on.

I get what Zinchenko offers but you pay a high price for it. Every time Raya played the ball to him on the edge of the box I was squirming- he is the last guy you want on the ball in that position.

I looked at our record since the new year and we have conceded 4 goals in ten league games- the silly late goal at Forest, the Newcastle consolation goal and the idiotic mistakes against Liverpool and Brentford. We are our own worst enemy in defensive areas.

Every time Raya played the ball to him on the edge of the box I was squirming- he is the last guy you want on the ball in that position.
    There were a few times last night that he decided to take the attackers on and run past them, when playing out from the edge of the area. Real 'watching through fingers' stuff. He pulled it off each time iirc, tbf.