Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Odegaard’s just perfection, isn’t he ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Last night we looked a lot more comfortable when Tomiyasu came on.

I get what Zinchenko offers but you pay a high price for it. Every time Raya played the ball to him on the edge of the box I was squirming- he is the last guy you want on the ball in that position.

I looked at our record since the new year and we have conceded 4 goals in ten league games- the silly late goal at Forest, the Newcastle consolation goal and the idiotic mistakes against Liverpool and Brentford. We are our own worst enemy in defensive areas.
    I don't think you can really criticise our defensive record - well you can, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I don't think you can really criticise our defensive record - well you can, of course.
    Well, I wasn't. I think what I was trying to say is that we are outstanding at controlling the opponents in our last third. The only real threat comes from our own silliness.

In the last two games Raya has had one save to make in each. It is no exaggeration to say that I would have made both those saves comfortably. I can't remember too many he has had to make in games before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well, I wasn't. I think what I was trying to say is that we are outstanding at controlling the opponents in our last third. The only real threat comes from our own silliness.

In the last two games Raya has had one save to make in each. It is no exaggeration to say that I would have made both those saves comfortably. I can't remember too many he has had to make in games before that.
    I know - but I couldn't resist. You make a fair point

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I know - but I couldn't resist. You make a fair point
    There are still plenty of things to complain about, obviously

And if you think I am bad, I guarantee Arteta is a lot worse. I bet nothing is ever good enough for him. And quite right too