Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decent point that.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Possibly showed them a bit too much respect at times but not many sides go there and win.
    4pts from them and the Scousers eh ?
    Trossard That was such a simple pass!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Trossard That was such a simple pass!!
    I really don't think it was - easy to see on TV but completely different on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I really don't think it was - easy to see on TV but completely different on the pitch
    He had time to look up and see it as soon as the through ball was played. I also assume Martinelli was screaming at him to cross it.

happy with the result Getting a point there is good. I think I prefer chasing than being in the lead in the league. Liverpool will definitely drop points.

Its definitely not over.
    most promising is that we have clearly changed as a team in these games. Now it's time to win something.

He had time to look up and see it as soon as the through ball was played. I also assume Martinelli was screaming at him to cross it.
    He's running at full pelt - I dispute that he had time to look. Of course, a Bergkamp or an Henry would have been able to pull it off but that's a fairly high level. Actually just watched it again and Havertz was actually the pass he could/should have made

He's running at full pelt - I dispute that he had time to look. Of course, a Bergkamp or an Henry would have been able to pull it off but that's a fairly high level. Actually just watched it again and Havertz was actually the pass he could/should have made
    So we're in agreement that he should have passed it?

So we're in agreement that he should have passed it?
    Of course, or scored ...

Of course, or scored ...
    Surely it was Jesus who should have scored, or at least done better.
    I like what he brings in terms of trickery and shrugging off defenders but finishing is becoming a problem.
    Interested to see how Arteta incorporates him in the side next season, where, presumably, we’ll have another striker.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Surely it was Jesus who should have scored, or at least done better.
    I like what he brings in terms of trickery and shrugging off defenders but finishing is becoming a problem.
    Interested to see how Arteta incorporates him in the side next season, where, presumably, we’ll have another striker.
    Indeed - I love his attitude and strength but at the moment he has already ceded the 9 spot to Havertz and isn't first choice in either of the wide positions. Excellent player to have around but not quite first choice

Indeed - I love his attitude and strength but at the moment he has already ceded the 9 spot to Havertz and isn't first choice in either of the wide positions. Excellent player to have around but not quite first choice
    I'd use him as a backup to Martinelli. Haven't fully given up on him yet, If we are to mount more of a challenge in more competitions next year he'll be very useful to rotate. as long as he is happy to do that.
    We need similar cover for Saka and wouldn't mind a striker to compete with Havertz. I like Havertz.

Eddie is clearly no longer part of Arteta's plans.