Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decent point that.

I think his first touch hampered him in passing

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He's running at full pelt - I dispute that he had time to look. Of course, a Bergkamp or an Henry would have been able to pull it off but that's a fairly high level. Actually just watched it again and Havertz was actually the pass he could/should have made
    To Martinelli. He hadn't been the field long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Eddie is clearly no longer part of Arteta's plans.
    Now, I quite like young Eddie, but he should never have been part of anyone's plans...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Now, I quite like young Eddie, but he should never have been part of anyone's plans...
    10 characters

I suspect that he, Nelson and possibly ESR will be off in the summer. I hope ESR gets one more season as I'm convinced he's a cracking player.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I suspect that he, Nelson and possibly ESR will be off in the summer. I hope ESR gets one more season as I'm convinced he's a cracking player.
    maybe sell Eddie and Reiss, ESR i wouldn't mind a loan.
    though ESR will be 24 in the summer, he needs to be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Something has gone on between ESR and Arteta imo. ESR was a starter - he was given Dennis' shirt, for goodness; sake - yet, no longer gets a sniff. If we could get £20-£25m for him, that woud do
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Something has gone on between ESR and Arteta imo. ESR was a starter - he was given Dennis' shirt, for goodness; sake - yet, no longer gets a sniff. If we could get £20-£25m for him, that woud do
    I think he's just had a lot of niggly injuries and also the player that he needs to dislodge to start, happens to be the captain and one of our best players.

You don't have to do much wrong to drop out

Of Arteta's plans. It may be about style as much as anything else. I don't think smith rowe is as quick in the press as arteta would like.

he looks overweight to me. has a doublechin.
    though that shouldn't stop him, Jesus looks off balance most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I'd use him as a backup to Martinelli. Haven't fully given up on him yet, If we are to mount more of a challenge in more competitions next year he'll be very useful to rotate. as long as he is happy to do that.
    We need similar cover for Saka and wouldn't mind a striker to compete with Havertz. I like Havertz.

Eddie is clearly no longer part of Arteta's plans.
    Thing is, we have Leo who can cover Gabby M on the left, as could a fit and in form ESR. {And both could play as a false 9, with Kai at inside left and be able to switch positions with him as Leo was doing rather well after Jesus got injured.} It's having top quality cover for B that we lack.

MA said last season that ESR could play any of the front five positions other than right wing. Apparently they were looking at Fabio playing there as well as covering for Ødin, and while I could see him linking up with BW4 and the skipper, I just can't see him scoring as many as B. Would love to see RN24 score another stunning dying embers winner during the run in.