Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst ref and worst VAR this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not sure about gubbed, more robbed. Some shocker of a decision will hand it to 115.
    No we are winning

Not sure about gubbed, more robbed. Some shocker of a decision will hand it to 115.
    It might be the slow accumulation. 5 or 6 obvious yellow cards ignored, two yellows for one of ours on the 'letter of the law'.

Remember Rodri escaping 3 or 4 times at the Emirates and eventually getting booked for taking his shirt off after scoring the injury time winner. And the travesty of ignoring that second yellow for Kovacic this season.

That's how a ref influences a game. Not with the big decisions that VAR can overturn, but by stealth. At Anfield, Rodri was booked for a poor challenge. On three subsequent occasions he had to avoid dragging someone down and preventing a break because he was on a yellow. Against us he can do it all day. Slowly, it makes a huge difference in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No we are winning
    You don't sound convinced

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It might be the slow accumulation. 5 or 6 obvious yellow cards ignored, two yellows for one of ours on the 'letter of the law'.

Remember Rodri escaping 3 or 4 times at the Emirates and eventually getting booked for taking his shirt off after scoring the injury time winner. And the travesty of ignoring that second yellow for Kovacic this season.

That's how a ref influences a game. Not with the big decisions that VAR can overturn, but by stealth. At Anfield, Rodri was booked for a poor challenge. On three subsequent occasions he had to avoid dragging someone down and preventing a break because he was on a yellow. Against us he can do it all day. Slowly, it makes a huge difference in a game.
    Right. Referees really need to get their cards out early doors, let everyone know they're there. Especially our opposition.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

and just so we're clear, Anthony Taylor, was awful. How no City players were booked in that 1st half was a joke.

and just so we're clear, Anthony Taylor, was awful. How no City players were booked in that 1st half was a joke.
    Arsenal should have had a couple booked, tbf.

The irony of Akanji accusing Arsenal of tactical fouling whilst playing for one of the snidiest, ****housing sides on the planet...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Arsenal should have had a couple booked, tbf.

The irony of Akanji accusing Arsenal of tactical fouling whilst playing for one of the snidiest, ****housing sides on the planet...
    3 or 4 of their fouls were worth a yellow plus the rotational fouling was pretty obvious. I think Jesus was lucky not to have been booked in the 1st half for about 4x fouls but can't think of any 'bad' fouls we made.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You don't sound convinced
    I was wrong again - but will take that

3 or 4 of their fouls were worth a yellow plus the rotational fouling was pretty obvious. I think Jesus was lucky not to have been booked in the 1st half for about 4x fouls but can't think of any 'bad' fouls we made.
    At least he was consistent. He didn't book anyone. Jesus thoroughly deserved his yellow when he finally got it 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was wrong again - but will take that
    We were all wrong. Happy to be 😁