Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
Oooohh, they must be well nice. Do you get airmile style points that you can use on your own, not with work?

Never stayed in a plush hotel. But in Delhi {and before, when I used to travel to Goa via Mumbai, so would get to Mumbai in the early morning then get the bus or train in the afternoon/evening} I sometimes treated myself {ourselves when together} to the plush breakfasts in the Taj in Mumbai or Imperial in Delhi.

Well worth the treat, especially if you haven't been eating much due to having the ****s {and/or being off your head.}

Do you get top quality breakfasts in these fancy hotels?

Eggs cooked to order and fry up bits. As many lassis, chais and coffees as I wanted. Cheese and meats. Fruit {though only the Taj in Delhi had strawberries.} Lush.

We became mates with a waiter in the Taj called Mohan. That's why I was especially ****ed off when the Pak-backed terrorists attacked the gaff when they hit a few places around there at the same time.

All the other customers were rich {Indian or western} so would look down at the staff. But we'd just happily chat away with Mohan, the glw always looking relatively chic but me always crusty.} We went in for supper one early evening before the Delhi train. Had a bottle of Chablis. Heaven. Looked at the time and asked him if we got another bottle and had a glass each, could we take the rest of the bottle with us? He said of course.

When we asked for the bill, he said what about puddings cos they're included. I said we didn't have time, so he said he'd give us a takeout. Showed us the list. I said I'd have a slice of the chocolate cake. Glw said the fruit salad. Mohan asked which fruits she liked most. Glw said strawbs, would be happy just to have those. So he came back with the bottle and two plastic boxes. Min had about a dozen slices of cake, when it's meant to be one. Hers was rammed with more than a kilo of strawbs. Tucking into all that on the train before we got into the top bunks to sleep.
Breakfast are always the best thing as you get to order what you want (and I normally want two poached eggs, bacon and toast). The annoying thing is dinner, when, the chef will always give you what he wants to show off. Always best to get to know the sommelier so the wine keeps flowing in those occasions. Don't get air miles but did fly Etihad Business class recently. My next flight on easyJet will be a shock