Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: IstanbulWimb

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I don't like Hollandaise sauce, gg

and no I didn't have a bed - flights were too short anwway (first leg 5 hours, second leg 4) but it was sickening to be in Abu Dhabi airport and see massive pictures of Haaland everywhere.

Hopefully going to Oz in the winter so have to scram some decent flights (sadly a year too early for the Ashes - should have been perfect timing)
    Gutted you're not going to the Ashes. You went when we last won after leaving The Times, I seem to remember. We should have a whip round. You're a lucky charm.

I s'pose not liking Hollandaise is an excuse for having bacon instead of Benedict. Still think you should have muffins, though.

I flew Turkish Airlines once. For all the safety stuff at the beginning, they didn't have the hostesses pointing to the exits and pretending to fit an oxygen mask, they had a video on the back-seat screens showing the Man Utd "humorously" explaining it all. Refused to fly them ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Gutted you're not going to the Ashes. You went when we last won after leaving The Times, I seem to remember. We should have a whip round. You're a lucky charm.

I s'pose not liking Hollandaise is an excuse for having bacon instead of Benedict. Still think you should have muffins, though.

I flew Turkish Airlines once. For all the safety stuff at the beginning, they didn't have the hostesses pointing to the exits and pretending to fit an oxygen mask, they had a video on the back-seat screens showing the Man Utd "humorously" explaining it all. Refused to fly them ever again.
    That's the new trend to have a gimmick safety video.
    I quite like the Emirates or Qatar ones in arabic it's very relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    That's the new trend to have a gimmick safety video.
    I quite like the Emirates or Qatar ones in arabic it's very relaxing.
    Saudi takes out the middle seats of the back 2 rows. There are curtains at the side of the aisle which you can pull closed. In the back of the middle seat is a screen showing where Mecca is in relation to which direction the plane is flying so they can pray in the right direction.

And when I tried to buy duty free at LHR, which we wanted to take to India, they looked at the boarding card and said no. When we arrived at Riyadh, they looked through all my Parvati's beauty products in case there was booze hidden inside, even though we were just in transit. Would never fly them again.

Oh, and in Brunei, on the way back from Manila, they don't have a bar. I asked why and they said it's cos it was a Muslim country. I said so is the UAE and Dubai's got a massive duty free shop and shît loads of bars.