Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: IstanbulWimb

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Wouldn't be the worst idea. I did get a horrible dose of food poisoning at the Shangri-La one night. Got pissed in the lounge and ate some meat. Never again!
    Surprised Peter, in my many trips to India (Banga and Mumbai only, sadly) I was only sick once and it was very mild, and it happened because I broke my India rules

1) other than water and biscuits eat only one meal per day
    2) eat only cooked food
    3) drink only bottled water and beer

Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Surprised Peter, in my many trips to India (Banga and Mumbai only, sadly) I was only sick once and it was very mild, and it happened because I broke my India rules

2) eat only cooked food
    3) drink only beer

Simples.
    Corrected that last one for you

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Good man, C. The uniforms are tops, aren't they? And lovely people there. I only get an auto-rickshaw from Main Bazaar so we're not allowed to drive from the road to the entrance inside the gardens. I have to walk. But despite turning up on foot, with a skinhead and culottes and a grotty tee-shirt, they always salute me and treat me like a gent. As I say, lovely people.

JAI HIND.
    I like to take a stroll down to India Gate at dusk and watch the enormous bats going to roost.

Also, I rather enjoy the classical music playing under the water pool

Once coming back through Delhi the Imperial was fully booked and I had to spend a night at the Taj Mahal, much to my annoyance. However, my mood was improved no end when I learnt that the Taj contains the finest chinese restaurant in India with the glorious name, 'Hose of Ming'

2) eat only cooked food

Simples.
    With your rules, you would have got the same dose. It was the meat in the 'sliders'.

My rules were very simple- no meat or fish. Worked well on every trip, and was a disaster the one time I went rogue.

With your rules, you would have got the same dose. It was the meat in the 'sliders'.

My rules were very simple- no meat or fish. Worked well on every trip, and was a disaster the one time I went rogue.
    The only serious Delhi belly I’ve ever had came from a dhal makhani

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The only serious Delhi belly I’ve ever had came from a dhal makhani
    I love the dhals

One of the reasons I never touch the meat is it is usually horrible anyway. The vegetable dishes are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    That's the new trend to have a gimmick safety video.
    I quite like the Emirates or Qatar ones in arabic it's very relaxing.
    Saudi takes out the middle seats of the back 2 rows. There are curtains at the side of the aisle which you can pull closed. In the back of the middle seat is a screen showing where Mecca is in relation to which direction the plane is flying so they can pray in the right direction.

And when I tried to buy duty free at LHR, which we wanted to take to India, they looked at the boarding card and said no. When we arrived at Riyadh, they looked through all my Parvati's beauty products in case there was booze hidden inside, even though we were just in transit. Would never fly them again.

Oh, and in Brunei, on the way back from Manila, they don't have a bar. I asked why and they said it's cos it was a Muslim country. I said so is the UAE and Dubai's got a massive duty free shop and shît loads of bars.

Wouldn't be the worst idea. I did get a horrible dose of food poisoning at the Shangri-La one night. Got pissed in the lounge and ate some meat. Never again!
    Wicked. If you go and enjoy it, think of Sir C and I and raise a glass to the Arsenal. You'll love the old skool Raj vibe. It appeals to both Tory gents like C and crusty Indiaheads like me.

2) eat only cooked food

Simples.
    You're right about the beer - Kingfisher Strong - but did you know that all bottled water in India comes the Delhi and Mumbai municipal supplies? If you're in Mumbai the water in your tap is the same as in your bottle.

On my first trip to India - 8-9 months in '94-5 - I got really bad shîts twice. Both times was when I came down from the clean air of the mountains to the heat and dirt of the plains. {Manali to Delhi, then Kathmandu to Benares/Varanasi.}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Wicked. If you go and enjoy it, think of Sir C and I and raise a glass to the Arsenal. You'll love the old skool Raj vibe. It appeals to both Tory gents like C and crusty Indiaheads like me.
    Have to be honest, I didn't particularly enjoy India and am in no rush to get back.

Partly because the work is so stressful out there, but it is also a bit much in general. Might be different if I actually took some time to relax there.