Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Despite having spent 29 years in this country, I have absolutely no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I actually agree with WES - it baffles me. When the Queen died my sister travelled down from Sheffield to walk past the coffin. Never knew she liked the royals at all
    I thought when the queen died it would have a been a 'bigger deal' than it was. though it was a 'big deal' I was led to beleive everything would be shut down, no telly or radio. they did the classical bit for a little while and took the adverts off but only on a few channels, police interceptors and can't pay we'll take it away was still on repeat constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is at least partly a generational thing. Young people don't give a **** about it, in the main. But some old people like it.

My parents are approaching their 60th wedding anniversary and my dad is quite excited about getting a card from the King. I didn't even know that happened....
    Do you have to apply for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I actually agree with WES - it baffles me. When the Queen died my sister travelled down from Sheffield to walk past the coffin. Never knew she liked the royals at all
    Well yeah but my question isn't so much about why people like the Royals, it's why in particular the Royals doctoring photos matters to anyone.

Who cares if they touched up a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Do you have to apply for that?
    Apparently, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well yeah but my question isn't so much about why people like the Royals, it's why in particular the Royals doctoring photos matters to anyone.

There is a suspicion that the Princess of Wales has ****ed off on the piss for a few months, or is dead, or something like that.

The photo is part of some cover up about what is really going on, apparently. I honestly don't know

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Indeed, preferable to Prince Andrew touching up kids

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Indeed, preferable to Prince Andrew touching up kids
    If booming a 17 year old makes him a *****, I hope to god no one goes through my catalogue of 1980s indiscretions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If booming a 17 year old makes him a *****, I hope to god no one goes through my catalogue of 1980s indiscretions.
    Tell us more

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Legal here though......which does make the whole 'outrage' here, all a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Legal here though......which does make the whole 'outrage' here, all a bit odd.
    I'm not entirely sure her age was entirely the full extent of the problem