Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forest docked 4 points, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I agree with Reds. It was cheating that made them the better side.

We loaned Raya to stay in budget. Were we allowed to cheat we could have had a winter window this year like last when we tried twice to buy a very expensive player and still made three great signings. {Leo, Jakob and Jorgy have all been starting during our recent good run.}

Were we allowed to cheat like City, we could have bought 3 top players this winter and we'd feel more confident about the two comps we're still in.

How would we feel in LFC had cheated this winter and spent £150m on two players? Wouldn't seem fair.

I agree that it's not a great parade for a trophy you won 3 years ago. Which is why every single scouse fan {and us} should be allowed to sue the City owners for a fortune.
    I agree that cheating made them the better side. But they were still the better side.

I am not saying I will be joining the celebration police, but I won't be joining you all on the open top bus parade either.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I agree that cheating made them the better side. But they were still the better side.

I am not saying I will be joining the celebration police, but I won't be joining you all on the open top bus parade either.
    But they weren't the better side in 2010 or whenever it was that they started cheating.

Just like Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong won their races. But only because they cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    But they weren't the better side in 2010 or whenever it was that they started cheating.

Just like Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong won their races. But only because they cheated.
    Slightly different, although I take the point. Ben Johnson artificially enhanced his performance. He ran faster because of it.

City haven't done that. The players themselves won everything fair and square. They are not better players because they cost more or they earn more and nothing has been done to enhance their actual performance. Pound for pound (pardon the pun) they were the best side and deservedly won the league.

The cheating is in how that squad was put together and specifically how much it cost. It sits outside the sphere of actual performance.

That said, think about the guy who came second to Ben Johnson. Yeah, he gets the medal, and he does deserve it. But Johnson ruined the occasion for him. It's a win, but a pretty hollow one.

I'm not saying City don't deserve to be stripped of the titles (I don't know if they do or they don't). I am just saying it would mean littler or nothing to me. I'm never going to count last season as a title win, under any circumstances. Still, it was a ****ing great season anyway and I thoroughly enjoyed it

Slightly different, although I take the point. Ben Johnson artificially enhanced his performance. He ran faster because of it.

City haven't done that. The players themselves won everything fair and square. They are not better players because they cost more or they earn more and nothing has been done to enhance their actual performance. Pound for pound (pardon the pun) they were the best side and deservedly won the league.

The cheating is in how that squad was put together and specifically how much it cost. It sits outside the sphere of actual performance.

That said, think about the guy who came second to Ben Johnson. Yeah, he gets the medal, and he does deserve it. But Johnson ruined the occasion for him. It's a win, but a pretty hollow one.

I'm not saying City don't deserve to be stripped of the titles (I don't know if they do or they don't). I am just saying it would mean littler or nothing to me. I'm never going to count last season as a title win, under any circumstances. Still, it was a ****ing great season anyway and I thoroughly enjoyed it
    Didn't Carl Lewis finish second to Johnson. Carl Lewis who at the 1988 Olympics trial had three positive results on a combined test for pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine. Not really relevant to the whole point but I never liked him

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Didn't Carl Lewis finish second to Johnson. Carl Lewis who at the 1988 Olympics trial had three positive results on a combined test for pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine. Not really relevant to the whole point but I never liked him
    Well, if everyone cheats then it is a fair result

My preference is for us to get docked points and still win the league. That was ****ing brilliant

Well, if everyone cheats then it is a fair result

My preference is for us to get docked points and still win the league. That was ****ing brilliant
    Indeed, p, happy days

Ben Johnson was a very silly case indeed, especially the aftermath. A condition of his punishment was to undertake a sort of piety and forgiveness tour; going to schools and colleges. So he'd roll up in the ghetto in his Lamborghini, dripping in gold and jewels and Gucci and wag the finger and warn kids about the dangers and consequences of doing drugs
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

No, **** 'em. They've allegedly, apparently cheated the whole of football, not just us and Liverpool and nobody associated with Manchester City should ever be tempted to mention the whole sordid episode ever again.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ben Johnson was a very silly case indeed, especially the aftermath. A condition of his punishment was to undertake a sort of piety and forgiveness tour; going to schools and colleges. So he'd roll up in the ghetto in his Lamborghini, dripping in gold and jewels and Gucci and wag the finger and warn kids about the dangers and consequences of doing drugs
    They made Big Ron do something similar. It was not at all successful, but pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    In that case, Linford won gold. He never cheated.