Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So this Porto manager really is a ****, then

So this Porto manager really is a ****, then

Seems this is his standard approach- lose in Europe and make stupid accusations that the opposing manager was rude to him.

Guy clearly has some issues he needs to work on

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Seems this is his standard approach- lose in Europe and make stupid accusations that the opposing manager was rude to him.

Guy clearly has some issues he needs to work on
    I really liked Lisbon. And there are fantastic golf courses in Portugal. Food is nice, not sophisticated but nice. And the people always seem very helpful and unassuming. Love the weather too, lots of sun.

So why is everybody associated with football in that country an utter c*nt of the highest order?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I really liked Lisbon. And there are fantastic golf courses in Portugal. Food is nice, not sophisticated but nice. And the people always seem very helpful and unassuming. Love the weather too, lots of sun.

So why is everybody associated with football in that country an utter c*nt of the highest order?
    They take it very seriously!! I love Portugal, as you say, very friendly and cheap.

Pepe's interview was very good. Far more fair and eloquent than his manager.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Cedric is a decent bloke

And he is called Cedric.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Cedric is a decent bloke

And he is called Cedric.
    But is he Portuguese? I never knew, thought he came from Southampton.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    But is he Portuguese? I never knew, thought he came from Southampton.
    that's pretty much Portugal isn't it? Outside the M25

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They take it very seriously!! I love Portugal, as you say, very friendly and cheap.

Pepe's interview was very good. Far more fair and eloquent than his manager.
    Bifanas or pregos for breakfast. Lush.

First went there for the NYE teknival in Lisbon at '96/7. in autumn '98, when the glw and I were getting together full time but she was still living with my best mate, I'd go to a Portuguese cafe on Harrow Rd around 10am and wait for her to call so we could then meet up at the dealers.

It was when you couldn't buy booze before 11am. Every morning I'd have a bifana and cafe con leche. One morning I asked if they did Maciera {brandy.}. They asked how I knew about it and I said that when I spent that winter in Lisbon I can a Maciera cafe con leche every morning and loved it.

So they said cool and every morning they'd put a big slug of Maciera in my coffee and only charge me 10p more.

Lovely people. Let's hope their good vibes mean that Fabio fulfils his potential and more and becomes an all time great for us.