Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Remember when Barcelona played us off the Emirates' park that time,

Remember when Barcelona played us off the Emirates' park that time,

and we marvelled at their fitness and stamina (or their doping regime, depending on your view). Noticing how full of ginger our players were at penalties the other night, it would seem we at least appear to have bridged THAT particular gap with Europe's best.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

That Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, Villa front 6 is the best of all time and I won't accept any other opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    That Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, Villa front 6 is the best of all time and I won't accept any other opinion.
    Pires, Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Gilberto & Ljungberg was pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Pires, Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Gilberto & Ljungberg was pretty decent
    They were up there. Never seen a side that could ruthlessly cut teams open at will or wouldn't even let them touch the ball for more than 3 or 4 passes as well as that Barca side tho.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    They were up there. Never seen a side that could ruthlessly cut teams open at will or wouldn't even let them touch the ball for more than 3 or 4 passes as well as that Barca side tho.
    Their level of organisation without the ball and the intensity of the press was something I had never seen before. Incredible.

I was there that night. A lot of Arsenal players didn't want the ball during that first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Their level of organisation without the ball and the intensity of the press was something I had never seen before. Incredible.

I was there that night. A lot of Arsenal players didn't want the ball during that first half.
    If you remember that night you weren't there

I recall (don't) just getting very drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If you remember that night you weren't there

I recall (don't) just getting very drunk
    I bumped into you at half time and we were both knackered just from watching it.

I was livid there was no beer in the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I bumped into you at half time and we were both knackered just from watching it.

I was livid there was no beer in the stadium
    Of course - **** me, seems like a different time