Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great penalty kicks too, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Porridge is brilliant. Never really appreciated how good it was when I was younger.

Superb writing and Ronnie Barker is magnificent.
    Same, same.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Same, same.
    Same guys that wrote the Likely Lads and Auf Wiedersehen Pet, the first series of which is just about the most perfect piece of television.

Same guys that wrote the Likely Lads and Auf Wiedersehen Pet, the first series of which is just about the most perfect piece of television.
    Clement and Le Frenais - I love Auf Wiedersehen Pet. Such an incredible cast - even had Mr Bronson/Hitler in it

Likely Lads also comedy gold - often have the radio version on 4Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Clement and Le Frenais - I love Auf Wiedersehen Pet. Such an incredible cast - even had Mr Bronson/Hitler in it

Likely Lads also comedy gold - often have the radio version on 4Extra
    Tim Spall, Ray Winstone, Michael Elphick- and Tim Healy is outstanding.

And of course "London", RIF.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes - vital part of the pot. Jimmy Nail as well - actually probably came into his own in the third series. And Bomber (also Pat Roach RIP, from a Clockwork Orange to Indiana Jones - some career)

Gary Holton

Apparently, Pet was delayed because the same guys were making Quadrophenia. And they used quite a lot of actors from it- Elphick, Spall, Winstone, Gary Holton.... I think there are a few others as well.

I've met his daughter a couple of times. She was renting a room with one of our best mates in Whitechappel for a bit. She's an artist.

I told her that when I'd first got an HD tv with inbuilt freeview just over a decade ago, I was channel hopping to see what these channels were and I found ITV4 which had Ray Winstone as Henry VIII.

I told her that he was great and recited a couple of lines in Winstone's accent:

"Anne. You slaaaaaaagggggg. How could ya do this me?"

"I'm not shagging that, Cromwell, you caaaaant."

Him and Sid James were the best every Henry VIIIs.

Everyone else in Wolf Hall were perfect - Mark Rylance as Cromwell, Anton Lester as Thomas More. But they should have had Winstone as Henry.