Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So, the referee last night then...

So, the referee last night then...

I'm mixed on him if I'm honest. No one likes it when they let the players play more than I do. However, there is a difference between letting them play and ignoring clear fouls again and again. Their LB was very good, but it's easier to be very good defensively when you're allowed to continually hold, push and kick your opponent.

And most importantly, if you're going to allow the players to play and continually ignore clear fouls, how do you then disallow a goal for a small tug of a shirt on possibly the biggest cheat to play the game in the last 10-15 years?

In short, I think I've decided he was a c*nt

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'm mixed on him if I'm honest. No one likes it when they let the players play more than I do. However, there is a difference between letting them play and ignoring clear fouls again and again. Their LB was very good, but it's easier to be very good defensively when you're allowed to continually hold, push and kick your opponent.

And most importantly, if you're going to allow the players to play and continually ignore clear fouls, how do you then disallow a goal for a small tug of a shirt on possibly the biggest cheat to play the game in the last 10-15 years?

That ref has form, a bit like Anthony Taylor. In short, he's a c*nt

I saw on the internet that we had the goal disallowed for a shirt pull, yet didn't get a pelanty for, wait for it, a shirt pull...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I saw on the internet that we had the goal disallowed for a shirt pull, yet didn't get a pelanty for, wait for it, a shirt pull...
    Ref couldn't wait to disallow it and once disallowed was never going to get over turned. Pepe also a fistful of Havertz's shorts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Ref couldn't wait to disallow it and once disallowed was never going to get over turned. Pepe also a fistful of Havertz's shorts as well.
    I wanted to put my fist through McCoist's face when that happened.

After calling the ref 'absolutely brilliant' for letting endless fouls go, he then claims he got it 'spot on' for ruling out a goal where both players had hold of each other's kit with very little impact either way.

Fat-headed jock c*nt that he is.

I wanted to put my fist through McCoist's face when that happened.

After calling the ref 'absolutely brilliant' for letting endless fouls go, he then claims he got it 'spot on' for ruling out a goal where both players had hold of each other's kit with very little impact either way.

Fat-headed jock c*nt that he is.
    I don't mind him......when he's co-comms on any game but ours. That said, at least we didn't get Lucy Ward, who seems contractually obliged to do every Arsenal CL match.

I find it quite ironic that 'letting the game flow' seems to involve allowing players to hold, pull shirts, obstruct and waste time.

I don't think the ref did anything awful but certainly Porto benefited from his approach to managing the game. Would have been interesting if the game had stayed at 0-0 going into the last half hour. Their time-wasting would have reached absurd proportions and surely the ref would have had to say something.

They were clever, as well. Some of the foul throws were so, so blatant that I am convinced they were hoping the ref would give it so they could waste 30 seconds arguing over it.