Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That is brilliant goalkeeping

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He was brilliant defensively but didn't actually do much by way of attacking and I knew exactly where he'd put his penalty as every time he cleared the ball he swung it infield. Said to the Mrs, 100% he's going keeper's left hand side.
    Very good, P. #insight
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    They played Saka really well, I thought. Their fullback should be on a scouting list imo.

Zinchenko appeared to be a significant downgrade when he came on. Or did it just appear that way as things were tense?
    They also defended our set pieces really well but I couldn't work out how. What were they doing that others haven't tried?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They also defended our set pieces really well but I couldn't work out how. What were they doing that others haven't tried?
    Don't think our delivery was as good as usual. I did like their offside trap from that 1st free-kick, when our players moved up to get back onside, they moved further up. Does only really work once, as then you put late runners in.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Don't think our delivery was as good as usual. I did like their offside trap from that 1st free-kick, when our players moved up to get back onside, they moved further up. Does only really work once, as then you put late runners in.
    That was an interesting one, that free kick. Someone (might have been Trossard) was stood far to the left and I assumed he was going to make a late run around the back. He didn't. But as you say, if they tried that again, you use a deep runner.