Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In my opinion- if we are to have a realistic chance of winning the title....

In my opinion- if we are to have a realistic chance of winning the title....

We are going to have to win at the Etihad.

Our five remaining away games are City, Brighton, Wolves, Spurs and United.

Apart from us and Spurs, City's run in is as easy as you could ask for. Liverpool have a couple of tricky games at Villa and United.

We need to beat City

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Apart from us and Spurs, City's run in is as easy as you could ask for. Liverpool have a couple of tricky games at Villa and United.

We need to beat City
    Every sports hack and pundit out there are chomping at the bit to spout the usual stuff about our impending end of season collapse.
    What better motivation do the squad need ?
    What’s more impressive this season is what we’ve achieved without Zinny, Partey & Jesus.
    Timber, also out for season alongside the regular sick notes, ESR & Tomi.
    Would like to have Timber back for the final run in but not sure if this is realistic at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Every sports hack and pundit out there are chomping at the bit to spout the usual stuff about our impending end of season collapse.
    What better motivation do the squad need ?
    What’s more impressive this season is what we’ve achieved without Zinny, Partey & Jesus.
    Timber, also out for season alongside the regular sick notes, ESR & Tomi.
    Would like to have Timber back for the final run in but not sure if this is realistic at this stage.
    You have to contextualise the 'collapses' of the previous two seasons. Last season we headed into the last 9 games having to go to Anfield, the Etihad and Newcastle. The season before it was Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle. This season it is City, Spurs and United. '

Tough games and key injuries made the job too difficult in the last two seasons. And we are facing the same tough games this time, battling two sides who may well not lose many points from here on in.

If we lose at City I think we will struggle to make up the points. We need to go there and win, purely to prove to ourselves and everyone else that we can.

We need to beat City
    Even if we beat City away we’d have to win pretty well all of our other games as well.

Not a chance in hell, p.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Even if we beat City away we’d have to win pretty well all of our other games as well.

Not a chance in hell, p.
    We will win, Liverpool and City looked like defeated runners up after yesterday at full time.

Though logically we can't keep winning every single game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Not a chance in hell, p.
    Nah - it's in the bag. They're all scared of us

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Nah - it's in the bag. They're all scared of us
    4pts from Liverpool, 6pts from City, and we still lose the league by slipping up at Spurs and United.
    Ok.. let’s not explore the misery of such an outcome..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    4pts from Liverpool, 6pts from City, and we still lose the league by slipping up at Spurs and United.
    Ok.. let’s not explore the misery of such an outcome..
    With the best defence and most goals in the league.
    There is a difference though this year. I think we have winners in the team.

We need to beat City
    Would obviously love us to win it, if only to lose the 'bottlers' tag.

Can't see it happening though, tbh.

It is all being teed up for the Klopp Fawning Festival

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Would obviously love us to win it, if only to lose the 'bottlers' tag.

Can't see it happening though, tbh.

It is all being teed up for the [I]Klopp Fawning Festival[/I]

Good Lord - Martin Samuel's piece in the Times today took things to new levels. I particularly took exception to him fawning over Kelleher (excellent keeper that he is) being outstanding as proof that Klopp is a genius while saying Ramsay is a bag of nerves, meaning Arteta is ****. Made a mistake for the goal of course (although great closing down by Wissa) but otherwise was very good. Just a very weird comparison to make