Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I thought the PL were cracking down on players waving for cards or surrounding the

I thought the PL were cracking down on players waving for cards or surrounding the

ref.

Seems one of those rules that only applied for the first few weeks of the season again.

Brentford where doing it constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    ref.

Seems one of those rules that only applied for the first few weeks of the season again.

Brentford where doing it constantly.
    I quite like the waving the imaginary card I think they should allow it. I certainly do it at home

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I quite like the waving the imaginary card I think they should allow it. I certainly do it at home
    Well, SSN Ref Watch says no dive and we should have had a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well, SSN Ref Watch says no dive and we should have had a penalty.
    The penalty is an odd one. It is very clear, very obvious, but they must have felt it was 'soft', which isn't really mentioned in the guidance. Nobody in their right mind can argue that the guy doesn't drag Trossard back and stop him attacking the ball.

The penalty is an odd one. It is very clear, very obvious, but they must have felt it was 'soft', which isn't really mentioned in the guidance. Nobody in their right mind can argue that the guy doesn't drag Trossard back and stop him attacking the ball.
    Can't remember who it was against that Gabriel had his shirt pulled until the Emirates logo was on his back as he got dragged back.

If VAR and the ref wouldn't give that they aren't going to give anything involving pulling players back or grabbing them to stop them playing.

I remember Fernandes 'going down easily' against Wigan in the FA Cup and the pundits were agreeing that contact, albeit minimal, meant it was a penalty

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Can't remember who it was against that Gabriel had his shirt pulled until the Emirates logo was on his back as he got dragged back.

If VAR and the ref wouldn't give that they aren't going to give anything involving pulling players back or grabbing them to stop them playing.
    versus Newcastle. Dan Burn.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”