Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Havertz, I really like the chap. Proper bullet header.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You are allowed to kick the ball at chest height. If you watch it slowly, he does win the ball, and the Liverpool runs on to the foot as much as anything. His foot trails back on contact, showing there was no follow through or force behind it.

It definitely does not qualify as clear and obvious. And I think the ref doesn't give it because it just looks weird. It doesn't look like a normal penalty incident.

Ref might also have been swayed by the fact that Salah had flung himself to the ground 30 seconds earlier. Haven't seen many calls for a yellow card
    ty p - i trust your judgment

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Ah thank you - free kick to City imo

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    ty p - i trust your judgment
    If you are going to give the penalty I think you have to give the lad another go and let him kick him far harder than that

Interesting that they made every effort to block Ramsdale from taking quick throws. It amazes me other teams haven't being doing this.
    another part of law 12 that the referees never seem to enforce.

prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

another part of law 12 that the referees never seem to enforce.

prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
    They did eventually get a booking for it.

I've seen Raya run past four opponents and sling the ball into a two against two. You just cannot allow that to happen. All you have to do is get in the way, arms outstretched in the 'it weren't me, ref' pose. Worth the booking

They did eventually get a booking for it.

I've seen Raya run past four opponents and sling the ball into a two against two. You just cannot allow that to happen. All you have to do is get in the way, arms outstretched in the 'it weren't me, ref' pose. Worth the booking
    which you could only do once per match...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

which you could only do once per match...
    You'd get away with at least one. Then when you get booked, someone else takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ah thank you - free kick to City imo
    Just watched it again. Absolutely not a penalty, for me. Watch the angle of Doku's body on contact. He is turning away, withdrawing the foot. Minimal contact, and he is entitled to play the ball.

Excellent refereeing

Just watched it again. Absolutely not a penalty, for me. Watch the angle of Doku's body on contact. He is turning away, withdrawing the foot. Minimal contact, and he is entitled to play the ball.

Excellent refereeing
    wasn't forceful, but still reckless imo.

you cannot make a challenge with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent. Even if the Bindipping **** did make a meal of it.

I'm happy that it wasn't given, btw.

You'd get away with at least one. Then when you get booked, someone else takes over.
    Are you advocating ****housery, p?