Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Havertz, I really like the chap. Proper bullet header.

Havertz, I really like the chap. Proper bullet header.

All this ******* about he shouldn't have been on the pitch to score the winner, the 1st yellow was a 50/50 challenge.

Also, we should have had at least 2 penalties!

Anyway lovely to be back from the Alps with another 6 points in the bag. Beat Porto then a 19 day break.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    All this ******* about he shouldn't have been on the pitch to score the winner, the 1st yellow was a 50/50 challenge.

Anyway lovely to be back from the Alps with another 6 points in the bag. Beat Porto then a 19 day break.
    I think tomorrow's game will be a bit like Saturdays.
    Brentford's time wasting was infuriating me at some point. Don't blame them but they really were taking the piss.

He had another really good game. Wish he had finished the earlier chance because I think he was onside.

The whole argument about sending him off for diving is some serious straw clutching. Even if you accept that it was a blatant dive (and ignore the slight contact) referees rarely send someone off for diving and they would have to be 100% sure, which was impossible.

If you want to take a literal interpretation of the rules, well... four Brentford players surrounded the ref appealing for him to be sent off. You can't do that, that is four yellow cards. Two of them waved imaginary cards- you can't do that, that is two yellow cards. One of them, Onyeka I think, was already on a yellow, so that is a red. As we are applying the rules ruthlessly you would also have given the penalty on Trossard and booked that guy.... etc etc etc

The amount of bookings they could have had for time wasting as well......

Interesting that they made every effort to block Ramsdale from taking quick throws. It amazes me other teams haven't being doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He had another really good game. Wish he had finished the earlier chance because I think he was onside.

The whole argument about sending him off for diving is some serious straw clutching. Even if you accept that it was a blatant dive (and ignore the slight contact) referees rarely send someone off for diving and they would have to be 100% sure, which was impossible.

If you want to take a literal interpretation of the rules, well... four Brentford players surrounded the ref appealing for him to be sent off. You can't do that, that is four yellow cards. Two of them waved imaginary cards- you can't do that, that is two yellow cards. One of them, Onyeka I think, was already on a yellow, so that is a red. As we are applying the rules ruthlessly you would also have given the penalty on Trossard and booked that guy.... etc etc etc

Interesting that they made every effort to block Ramsdale from taking quick throws. It amazes me other teams haven't being doing this.
    Message reported to Paul Durkin (yes it was 20+ years ago, yes we still won that game, yes I am still annoyed. That was as bad a refereeing performance as another one I won't mention to save IUFG the trouble)

But also an excellent summary of that useless ****er of a ref on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Message reported to Paul Durkin (yes it was 20+ years ago, yes we still won that game, yes I am still annoyed. That was as bad a refereeing performance as another one I won't mention to save IUFG the trouble)

Van Bronkhorst at Anfield?

****ing infuriating. He didn't even appeal for a penalty!

Was very tempted to log back in to twitter last night to see the Liverpool fans screaming about the 'penalty' yesterday. But I managed to resist, thank god.

I like him. He's a proper nuisance for the opposition's defence. He makes clever runs and is a big lump. If only he was a top class finisher...

Yes Rammers ballsed up but they were 2x top drawer saves in the 2nd half, the Toney one (some effort that) especially.

Yes Rammers ballsed up but they were 2x top drawer saves in the 2nd half, the Toney one (some effort that) especially.
    Yeah. I recall the conversation we all had a while back about how Ramsdale seems to be able to cope with his mistakes and get on with it.

I thought the Toney save was better than the other one. Not that he reached it, but that he managed to steer it comfortably wide.

Van Bronkhorst at Anfield?

****ing infuriating. He didn't even appeal for a penalty!

Was very tempted to log back in to twitter last night to see the Liverpool fans screaming about the 'penalty' yesterday. But I managed to resist, thank god.
    He actually slipped as well - didn't really dive. The thing that wound me most about that was Dudek could have be sent off for the pen we got and Henchoz got away with pulling Henry down when he was clear through on goal. Durkin then actually gave an interview after the game, giving the quote "Not every foul is a red card". I'm not a violent man but if I had seen that ginger **** anytime soon after that ... Also sent off Petit for bumping into him

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

most magnanimous of you, la

a refereeing ****show, once more, over the weekend.

Doku = not a pelanty
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”