Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I broke two of my Queen CDs.......

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Pah! You both need to listen more, and more carefully.

Hammer to Fall is excellent. Radio Ga-Ga is genius. Somebody to Love not far off. You never sang We Will Rock You p1ssed out of your heads with a group of friends in your youth? Not sure how someone could watch them at Wembley in 85 and not see greatness.

Queen are ace.
    Try to at least pretend you know how to write the language

Ah the Smiths, that explains it I.

The sort of music you like until you grow up and realise it’s sh1t.
    You grew up?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You grew up?
    Nope, I was always mature enough to never like it in the first place

Ah the Smiths, that explains it I.

The sort of music you like until you grow up and realise it’s sh1t.
    There is/was a little dark humour in The Smiths, that I liked.

Haven't listened to them for years.

Other than some early dance music, The Clash/BAD, Talking Heads and HMHB - the 80s was a bit shít musically imho
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Nope, I was always mature enough to never like it in the first place
    Too busy listening to Queen, apparently

Each to his or her own, I suppose.

Let's just say we pity each other in equal measure.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    There is/was a little dark humour in The Smiths, that I liked.

Haven't listened to them for years.

Other than some early dance music, The Clash/BAD, Talking Heads and HMHB - the 80s was a bit shít musically imho
    The 80s was, overall, ****ing awful. But.... The Smiths, The Cure, James, REM, The Cult, Guns n Roses, the Black Crowes, The Levellers..... there was some fun to be had if you weren't busy screaming We Will Rock You at people

The 80s was, overall, ****ing awful. But.... The Smiths, The Cure, James, REM, The Cult, Guns n Roses, the Black Crowes, The Levellers..... there was some fun to be had if you weren't busy screaming We Will Rock You at people
    Not to mention London's own Iron Maiden with probably the greatest seven, certainly at least five, LP opening salvo of any band in rock history.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Not to mention London's own Iron Maiden with probably the greatest seven, certainly at least five, LP opening salvo of any band in rock history.
    Zeppelins 1 through 4, and Houses of the Holy. Beat that!

I forgot The Stone Roses.....

I suppose my measure is, would I listen to it now?

I mean, I do like some other 80s tunes, but I would normally skip past the 80s music channels on the TV.

I saw James live (Gold Mother tour?), pretty good.
    I saw REM live (Green tour), **** awful. Surprising.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Zeppelins 1 through 4, and Houses of the Holy. Beat that!

I forgot The Stone Roses.....
    Back in the day, didn't we all swear a solemn oath never to speak of LZ on the board as it always led to much bitterness and resentment?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."