Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I broke two of my Queen CDs.......

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I like Abbey Road. I suppose you are going to tell me that is drivel now, aren't you
    Nope

Excellent first side. Then Here Comes the Sun (wonderful). Then the drivel begins.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Nope

Excellent first side. Then Here Comes the Sun (wonderful). Then the drivel begins.
    Oh my

The second side is when it gets really good

Let us say no more about it!

Oh my

The second side is when it gets really good

Let us say no more about it!

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The bonkersness of Sir Duke blighted by Isn't She Lovely
    That is true but Pastime Paradise and Contusion.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    "Pomp Rock", like Kate Bush, so I gather.
    Given this thread, I flicked between a couple of 80s Music channels last night for 15 or so minutes.

In summary

The Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
    Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
    Duran Duran - The Reflex (what the **** is that about?)
    Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't It Be Good
    George Benson - Give Me the Night

80s music can **** right off imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Given this thread, I flicked between a couple of 80s Music channels last night for 15 or so minutes.

In summary

The Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
    Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
    Duran Duran - The Reflex (what the **** is that about?)
    Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't It Be Good
    George Benson - Give Me the Night

80s music can **** right off imo
    Harsh to judge the entire decade based on that sample, I. Although I loved Hold Me Now at the time

The best thing about the 80s music is that it wasn't the 70s. By 82 I had had enough of concept albums and 3 minute guitar solos, I just wanted to listen to music that made me happy and the 80s had loads of that. I can understand how people like Peter who seem to think quite deeply music would prefer the 70s but for me music is entertainment, a source of escape. Led Zeppelin is hardly that imo.

BTW, I owe Peter a thank you actually. Because of his objections I listened to the White Album all the way through yesterday and I had forgotten how much I enjoy it. I skipped ob-li-di ob-la-da, Helter Skelter and Revolution no. 9. Every other song I enjoyed and some I had forgotten how good they are. Long long long being one of them.

Merci Pierre

Harsh to judge the entire decade based on that sample, I.
    oh, I don't know, W.

Don't get me wrong, I like some songs from the 80s, but George Benson tipped me over the edge and I pressed the button on the remote with "Fúck this shít"

The 70s was equally tragic. That said I've been listening to a bit of Tangerine Dream and Brian Eno recently, background stuff, whilst at work, that sort of thing...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

oh, I don't know, W.

Don't get me wrong, I like some songs from the 80s, but George Benson tipped me over the edge and I pressed the button on the remote with "Fúck this shít"

The 70s was equally tragic. That said I've been listening to a bit of Tangerine Dream and Brian Eno recently, background stuff, whilst at work, that sort of thing...
    Thing is, this is nostalgia radio where the art seems to be in digging up crap that people liked at the time but have forgotten about. It leans inevitably towards throwaway ****e. I spent the 80s listening to Billy Bragg and The Pogues but you aren't going to hear Greetings to The New Brunette or Broad Majestic Shannon on these stations.

The 70s was full of fantastic music but if you listen to 70s radio you'll get Kung Fu Fighting and Tiger Feet.

Harsh to judge the entire decade based on that sample, I. Although I loved Hold Me Now at the time

The best thing about the 80s music is that it wasn't the 70s. By 82 I had had enough of concept albums and 3 minute guitar solos, I just wanted to listen to music that made me happy and the 80s had loads of that. I can understand how people like Peter who seem to think quite deeply music would prefer the 70s but for me music is entertainment, a source of escape. Led Zeppelin is hardly that imo.

BTW, I owe Peter a thank you actually. Because of his objections I listened to the White Album all the way through yesterday and I had forgotten how much I enjoy it. I skipped ob-li-di ob-la-da, Helter Skelter and Revolution no. 9. Every other song I enjoyed and some I had forgotten how good they are. Long long long being one of them.

Merci Pierre
    I don't like Helter Skelter either. That one definitely missed its target.

I listened to Neil Young

I don't like Helter Skelter either. That one definitely missed its target.

I listened to Neil Young
    I discovered Neil Young in about 82. A great Canadian.

Now you're going to tell me you don't like Harvest Moon, aren't you Peter