Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: I broke two of my Queen CDs.......

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Thing is, this is nostalgia radio where the art seems to be in digging up crap that people liked at the time but have forgotten about. It leans inevitably towards throwaway ****e. I spent the 80s listening to Billy Bragg and The Pogues but you aren't going to hear Greetings to The New Brunette or Broad Majestic Shannon on these stations.

The 70s was full of fantastic music but if you listen to 70s radio you'll get Kung Fu Fighting and Tiger Feet.
    This.

Another track on the telly was Kraftwerk - The Model. Whilst OK, you very rarely hear any of their other tracks which are miles better. Now, it could be to do with song videos, but the same also appears to apply to radio.

BTW, Billy Bragg has turned into some sort of massive cvnt, hasn't he? Or was he always one?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I discovered Neil Young in about 82. A great Canadian.

Now you're going to tell me you don't like Harvest Moon, aren't you Peter
    I most certainly am not!

I like Neil Young. I prefer his acoustic and softer side, and some of the rockier stuff is lost on me. But I will never sit here and criticise him.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    This.

Another track on the telly was Kraftwerk - The Model. Whilst OK, you very rarely hear any of their other tracks which are miles better. Now, it could be to do with song videos, but the same also appears to apply to radio.

BTW, Billy Bragg has turned into some sort of massive cvnt, hasn't he? Or was he always one?
    Billy has fallen into the same abyss as the rest of the left and now appears to not understand what a woman is. To the extent of telling women to shut the **** up for voicing their own opinion on the subject.

But his first four albums are still good. Dated, but good

The 80s was actually pretty ****ing depressing and to me the music with a darker side is more evocative of the period. The bass sound on early Cure records, Joy Division and The Smiths. That is what the 80s felt like to me. Not a load of ponces with shoulder pads, lipstick and those stupid ****ing guitars with the neck cut off.

Billy has fallen into the same abyss as the rest of the left and now appears to not understand what a woman is. To the extent of telling women to shut the **** up for voicing their own opinion on the subject.

But his first four albums are still good. Dated, but good

The 80s was actually pretty ****ing depressing and to me the music with a darker side is more evocative of the period. The bass sound on early Cure records, Joy Division and The Smiths. That is what the 80s felt like to me. Not a load of ponces with shoulder pads, lipstick and those stupid ****ing guitars with the neck cut off.
    Joy Division. Unpopular opinion, but I didn't like them at all. New Order, on the other hand, I've seen them live a few times.

Steinberger guitars? They are still on the go, I believe.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Thing is, this is nostalgia radio where the art seems to be in digging up crap that people liked at the time but have forgotten about. It leans inevitably towards throwaway ****e. I spent the 80s listening to Billy Bragg and The Pogues but you aren't going to hear Greetings to The New Brunette or Broad Majestic Shannon on these stations.

The 70s was full of fantastic music but if you listen to 70s radio you'll get Kung Fu Fighting and Tiger Feet.
    Have we forgotten, Steely Dan… Aja and Gaucho ? Two outstanding albums. Stunning production, full of well crafted tracks

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Joy Division. Unpopular opinion, but I didn't like them at all. New Order, on the other hand, I've seen them live a few times.

Steinberger guitars? They are still on the go, I believe.
    To be honest, I didn't really like Joy Division either. I was just using it as an example of the sound

I should have said the Sisters of Mercy, better example. Their first album has that dark, heavy sound to it but their later stuff is all very tinny and crisp.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Have we forgotten, Steely Dan… Aja and Gaucho ? Two outstanding albums. Stunning production, full of well crafted tracks
    It's a bit..... weird!

The last great classic rock album ever made was Hotel California. A great way to close the genre

It's a bit..... weird!

The last great classic rock album ever made was Hotel California. A great way to close the genre
    Hotel California was released a year before Rumours… and two years before Darkness, for all love!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hotel California was released a year before Rumours… and two years before Darkness, for all love!
    Neither of those are classic rock. Rumours has women singing on it for god sake!

Darkness is a whole different ball game. Incomparable.

Rumours has women singing on it for god sake!
    Stevie Nicks books about kleptomania...