Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I broke two of my Queen CDs.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Pah! You both need to listen more, and more carefully.

Hammer to Fall is excellent. Radio Ga-Ga is genius. Somebody to Love not far off. You never sang We Will Rock You p1ssed out of your heads with a group of friends in your youth? Not sure how someone could watch them at Wembley in 85 and not see greatness.

Queen is ace.
    I most certainly have never done such a thing.

In 1985 I was most probably listening to Chicago House music (mainly), The Smiths, Big Audio Dynamite - that sort of thing.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I most certainly have never done such a thing.

In 1985 I was most probably listening to Chicago House music (mainly), The Smiths, Big Audio Dynamite - that sort of thing.
    Ah the Smiths, that explains it I.

The sort of music you like until you grow up and realise it’s sh1t.

You grew up?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You grew up?
    Nope, I was always mature enough to never like it in the first place

Nope, I was always mature enough to never like it in the first place
    Too busy listening to Queen, apparently

Each to his or her own, I suppose.

Let's just say we pity each other in equal measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Too busy listening to Queen, apparently

Each to his or her own, I suppose.

Let's just say we pity each other in equal measure.
    Actually I didn't start really enjoying Queen until later in life. And Radio Ga Ga is just a great song, if you don't like it I suspect you have no joy in your life. And let's be honest, Peter, that isn't the first time you have heard that accusation.

Late 70s and early 80s was my Rolling Stones/Beatles/Zeppelin/Pink Floyd/Who era. There was a point when I owned Zeppelin 1-4, House of the Holy, Physical Graffiti and the one with All My Love on it. And about that time I thought that Wish You Were Here was the greatest song and album of all time.

All these years later, and using IUFG's standard, I still listen to the Stones regularly, the Beatles occasionally and I have since discovered Queen I can't remember the last time I listened to Zeppelin, Who or Floyd.

I grew up, you see

Actually I didn't start really enjoying Queen until later in life. And Radio Ga Ga is just a great song, if you don't like it I suspect you have no joy in your life. And let's be honest, Peter, that isn't the first time you have heard that accusation.

Late 70s and early 80s was my Rolling Stones/Beatles/Zeppelin/Pink Floyd/Who era. There was a point when I owned Zeppelin 1-4, House of the Holy, Physical Graffiti and the one with All My Love on it. And about that time I thought that Wish You Were Here was the greatest song and album of all time.

All these years later, and using IUFG's standard, I still listen to the Stones regularly, the Beatles occasionally and I have since discovered Queen I can't remember the last time I listened to Zeppelin, Who or Floyd.

I grew up, you see
    No, I have heard that accusation many times. Usually from rather silly people who want to prove an unprovable point. Not that I am accusing you of anything of that sort, of course

I grew up plagued by The Who and didn't like them for a long time as a result. I do now. I grew up.

There are plenty of things I don't really listen to very often these days (including Zeppelin and The Smiths) but that is not to do with growing up or changing my mind. It is more that I played them to death for years and so now I only pay the occasional visit.

I've never managed to get to grips with Floyd. I find them quite irritating.

Radio Ga Ga is an awful song. Sorry, but it is.

I still listen to Floyd, Who, Beatles.

There is/was a little dark humour in The Smiths, that I liked.

Haven't listened to them for years.

Other than some early dance music, The Clash/BAD, Talking Heads and HMHB - the 80s was a bit shít musically imho
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    There is/was a little dark humour in The Smiths, that I liked.

Haven't listened to them for years.

Other than some early dance music, The Clash/BAD, Talking Heads and HMHB - the 80s was a bit shít musically imho
    The 80s was, overall, ****ing awful. But.... The Smiths, The Cure, James, REM, The Cult, Guns n Roses, the Black Crowes, The Levellers..... there was some fun to be had if you weren't busy screaming We Will Rock You at people