Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Havertz

Havertz

Special mention for the assist for White's goal. Took that ball down with a deft touch brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Special mention for the assist for White's goal. Took that ball down with a deft touch brilliantly.
    Not to mention the run and then the turn inside before laying it off.

But I was more impressed with the finish for the 4th. One thing I never thought he would become is confident in front of goal and that finish was class.

I actually Havertz up front is helping everyone out.
    Defeneders are preoccupied with him so they are not doubling up on Saka and Martinelli as much. and it seems to give more space for Odegaard to be free.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

But I was more impressed with the finish for the 4th. One thing I never thought he would become is confident in front of goal and that finish was class.
    Absolutely. People have been looking at his transfer all the wrong way.

He's a German international; they ALL have an extremely high level of basic competence. And it's not as though Chelsea gave him away, is it. A huge win for El jefe, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Spot on. That was the finish of a guy who 'knows where the goal is'.