Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I could be wrong… again.. but my take on Pogba

I could be wrong… again.. but my take on Pogba

Supremely talented but divisive little kyunt with an ego to match. Always remember that footage of him stirring the pot with Mourinho at United’s training ground.
    Never liked the cut of his jib.
    Verdict: Had it coming..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Supremely talented but divisive little kyunt with an ego to match. Always remember that footage of him stirring the pot with Mourinho at United’s training ground.
    I'm with you all the way, 7. When he did that... thing after scoring he made me feel physically sick.

Wouldn't disagree, 7. Never liked the chap. Had some sympathy with him over the nightmare family stuff but very little with this drugs thing

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Wouldn't disagree, 7. Never liked the chap. Had some sympathy with him over the nightmare family stuff but very little with this drugs thing
    He is a great example of the fact that not every footballer is as in love with the game as you might expect. I am sure he enjoys it, but the very best players have a focus and dedication that I would guess few of us are capable of in our own jobs

When he was on it, he was amazing. It just didn't happen often enough.

I find it hard to be too critical of players like this because I know I would be exactly the same

A deeply unlikeable chap.

And, he played for Manchester united. Twice.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He is a great example of the fact that not every footballer is as in love with the game as you might expect. I am sure he enjoys it, but the very best players have a focus and dedication that I would guess few of us are capable of in our own jobs

When he was on it, he was amazing. It just didn't happen often enough.

I find it hard to be too critical of players like this because I know I would be exactly the same
    No real evidence of that, the dedication/focus-thing, I mean: He has had an excellent career.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No real evidence of that, the dedication/focus-thing, I mean: He has had an excellent career.
    Hmm. I’m not sure he covered himself in glory during that second stint at United. They couldn’t wait to get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I am drawing that conclusion from the alarming inconsistency in his performances. At his best he was brilliant, unplayable. But it was so rarely seen.

And I am not really having a go at him. The vast majority of players don't have the obsessive gene of a Roy Keane or a Ronaldo.

Put it this way- he had far more talent than Vieira but I wouldn't have swapped Vieira for three of him.

I am drawing that conclusion from the alarming inconsistency in his performances. At his best he was brilliant, unplayable. But it was so rarely seen.

And I am not really having a go at him. The vast majority of players don't have the obsessive gene of a Roy Keane or a Ronaldo.

Put it this way- he had far more talent than Vieira but I wouldn't have swapped Vieira for three of him.
    He was brilliant for France and Juve, less so at United

Look at the Lampard Gerrard thing. (I'll get stick for this...) Lampard was a decent player who realised close to 100% of his talent (which is unusual), Gerrard was a guy who had spectacular moments or influence in big games but never came close to realising all of his (and helped by an indulgent fan base who thought the sun shone out his Arse). I know which one I would prefer