Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: carwimb. what car(s) do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    The infotainment is shít but I do have a 2019 model so the newer ones might be better. But it has Carplay anyway so I generally only use Waze and Spotify so it doesn't really matter. The driving experience is what sets it apart though. It handles like a saloon car, not an SUV at all. Very pointed and responsive on the steering, it's an absolute joy on coutry roads.

The latest problem with this car came yesterday morning though when somebody decided to smash into the front of me. She pulled out of her driveway and I reacted brilliantly to stop just in time before hitting her. I breathed a sigh of relief for about 0.5 seconds before the lady decided to carry on and turned straight into my front corner and crushed it. I was in a state of disblief that was only amplified when, upon realising she had hit me, she decided to reverse off me, slammed her foot on the accelerator and sped back over the pavement, a grass verge and into her next door neighbours wall. The orginal damage to her car wasn't too bad to be fair, but she absolutely destroyed the back of it, along with the brick wall!

I was pretty sure she was under the influence, despite being 7am on a Monday (pros tell me that is a very common time to be under the influence), but as I had the children with me, I didn't fancy waiting for however long for the police to arrive and exposing all of that to the children. I needed to really just get them to school.

Thankfully they have admitted liability without any problem and so my car has been recovered to be assessed and I am currently driving a BMW 3 series Touring. Enterprise have said I can call them up and swap to something bigger if I want but as I was considering an estate when I got this car, I thought it would be a good road test to have it for a while.

As it's an Alfa and parts are likely be on back order from Italy (they always seem to be), I actually think there's a decent chance they end up writing my car off.

Damage to my car
    Attachment 1223

The damage to her car from hitting me
    Attachment 1224

The damage to the back of her car because she decided to drive back into a brick a wall!
    [Attachment 1225
    This makes me sad. They will probably write it off, they write off everything these days

[QUOTE=Maravilloso Marvo;4275960]The infotainment is shít but I do have a 2019 model so the newer ones might be better. But it has Carplay anyway so I generally only use Waze and Spotify so it doesn't really matter. The driving experience is what sets it apart though. It handles like a saloon car, not an SUV at all. Very pointed and responsive on the steering, it's an absolute joy on coutry roads.

The latest problem with this car came yesterday morning though when somebody decided to smash into the front of me. She pulled out of her driveway and I reacted brilliantly to stop just in time before hitting her. I breathed a sigh of relief for about 0.5 seconds before the lady decided to carry on and turned straight into my front corner and crushed it. I was in a state of disblief that was only amplified when, upon realising she had hit me, she decided to reverse off me, slammed her foot on the accelerator and sped back over the pavement, a grass verge and into her next door neighbours wall. The orginal damage to her car wasn't too bad to be fair, but she absolutely destroyed the back of it, along with the brick wall!

I was pretty sure she was under the influence, despite being 7am on a Monday (pros tell me that is a very common time to be under the influence), but as I had the children with me, I didn't fancy waiting for however long for the police to arrive and exposing all of that to the children. I needed to really just get them to school.

Thankfully they have admitted liability without any problem and so my car has been recovered to be assessed and I am currently driving a BMW 3 series Touring. Enterprise have said I can call them up and swap to something bigger if I want but as I was considering an estate when I got this car, I thought it would be a good road test to have it for a while.

As it's an Alfa and parts are likely be on back order from Italy (they always seem to be), I actually think there's a decent chance they end up writing my car off.

Hmmm. I feel this is the required response in this situation

https://youtu.be/7UJPjULCa9Q?si=ZMikcmOxTEAKKsEg