Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: carwimb. what car(s) do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Volvo XC90 T8
    Do they still have the turning circle of a barge?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I think the correct phrase these days is "turning circle of a Maguire"

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think the correct phrase these days is "turning circle of a Maguire"
    I don't recall the Volvo being that ****e
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Tyre sensors. Most pointless thing I have ever experienced. I am no genius with cars but I am capable of spotting a flat tyre on my own!
    You know more about cars than me then
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    That was the one thing it is exceptionally good at, telling me that driver assist functions that I didn't want, didn't need, and that didn't work, were not available.
    my car has virtually no console buttons and is controlled mailnly by voice or steering wheel buttons.

Laura, as my car is apparently called, does a good line in either mishearing or completely ignoring me.

And, she tells me off for not driving in the centre of the lane, not having my hands on the steering wheel (when I have) and having the ****ing windows open whilst driving.

But she'll accurately respond to someone talking on Radio4

my car has virtually no console buttons and is controlled mailnly by voice or steering wheel buttons.

Laura, as my car is apparently called, does a good line in either mishearing or completely ignoring me.

And, she tells me off for not driving in the centre of the lane, not having my hands on the steering wheel (when I have) and having the ****ing windows open whilst driving.

But she'll accurately respond to someone talking on Radio4
    Laura sounds like a ****ing pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Laura sounds like a ****ing pain in the arse.
    She sure is, P.

I dunno I haven't driven enough SUVs to compare it to. I am somewhat regretting it though as going through little residential streets in London is a nightmare. I tend to drive my Girlfriend's Toyota Aygo X more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was consdering one of those. The layout looks similar to BMW. How's the infotainment system?
    The infotainment is shít but I do have a 2019 model so the newer ones might be better. But it has Carplay anyway so I generally only use Waze and Spotify so it doesn't really matter. The driving experience is what sets it apart though. It handles like a saloon car, not an SUV at all. Very pointed and responsive on the steering, it's an absolute joy on coutry roads.

The latest problem with this car came yesterday morning though when somebody decided to smash into the front of me. She pulled out of her driveway and I reacted brilliantly to stop just in time before hitting her. I breathed a sigh of relief for about 0.5 seconds before the lady decided to carry on and turned straight into my front corner and crushed it. I was in a state of disblief that was only amplified when, upon realising she had hit me, she decided to reverse off me, slammed her foot on the accelerator and sped back over the pavement, a grass verge and into her next door neighbours wall. The orginal damage to her car wasn't too bad to be fair, but she absolutely destroyed the back of it, along with the brick wall!

I was pretty sure she was under the influence, despite being 7am on a Monday (pros tell me that is a very common time to be under the influence), but as I had the children with me, I didn't fancy waiting for however long for the police to arrive and exposing all of that to the children. I needed to really just get them to school.

Thankfully they have admitted liability without any problem and so my car has been recovered to be assessed and I am currently driving a BMW 3 series Touring. Enterprise have said I can call them up and swap to something bigger if I want but as I was considering an estate when I got this car, I thought it would be a good road test to have it for a while.

As it's an Alfa and parts are likely be on back order from Italy (they always seem to be), I actually think there's a decent chance they end up writing my car off.

Damage to my car
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-04 at 12.09.05.jpg

The damage to her car from hitting me
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-04 at 12.07.49.jpg

The damage to the back of her car because she decided to drive back into a brick a wall!
    [WhatsApp Image 2024-03-05 at 17.11.01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    The infotainment is shít but I do have a 2019 model so the newer ones might be better. But it has Carplay anyway so I generally only use Waze and Spotify so it doesn't really matter. The driving experience is what sets it apart though. It handles like a saloon car, not an SUV at all. Very pointed and responsive on the steering, it's an absolute joy on coutry roads.

The latest problem with this car came yesterday morning though when somebody decided to smash into the front of me. She pulled out of her driveway and I reacted brilliantly to stop just in time before hitting her. I breathed a sigh of relief for about 0.5 seconds before the lady decided to carry on and turned straight into my front corner and crushed it. I was in a state of disblief that was only amplified when, upon realising she had hit me, she decided to reverse off me, slammed her foot on the accelerator and sped back over the pavement, a grass verge and into her next door neighbours wall. The orginal damage to her car wasn't too bad to be fair, but she absolutely destroyed the back of it, along with the brick wall!

I was pretty sure she was under the influence, despite being 7am on a Monday (pros tell me that is a very common time to be under the influence), but as I had the children with me, I didn't fancy waiting for however long for the police to arrive and exposing all of that to the children. I needed to really just get them to school.

Thankfully they have admitted liability without any problem and so my car has been recovered to be assessed and I am currently driving a BMW 3 series Touring. Enterprise have said I can call them up and swap to something bigger if I want but as I was considering an estate when I got this car, I thought it would be a good road test to have it for a while.

As it's an Alfa and parts are likely be on back order from Italy (they always seem to be), I actually think there's a decent chance they end up writing my car off.

Damage to my car
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-04 at 12.09.05.jpg

The damage to her car from hitting me
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-04 at 12.07.49.jpg

The damage to the back of her car because she decided to drive back into a brick a wall!
    [WhatsApp Image 2024-03-05 at 17.11.01.jpg
    She was probably driving in that daft B mode that are on new Renaults. ****ing ridicules.