Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: carwimb. what car(s) do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I win. 17 year old Vauxhall Vectra with knackered paint work on the passenger side door and a driver's seat that could be used a torture device.

I am looking at upgrading to an old Jag, either S or X type.
    Had a Y plate X-type 3.0L V6 manual for 9 years and 180k miles, loved it. Found the S-type too wallowy.

Currently have a Focus 1.5L 150bhp in my downsized retirement, practical. Insurance renewal was up 60%! Cheapest alternative quote >50%. Mrs Lincs has a Fiesta 1.0L ecoboost, nippy enough. Fiesta being discontinued which is a shame as has been safe choice for second car for several iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Probably the best place for the Rolls. Those 6.8L engines are a bit thirsty.
    I don't know, the last time I gave it a bit of a run I got about 12 mpg, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Hilux is for towing horseboxes, although it's probably my favourite vehicle right now.
    I quite fancied one of those, for similar purposes (horses, hounds, girls' hockey teams, son's boy scout crew etc.) but the wife, being the chauvinist she is, will not tolerate foreign cars. No Beamer, no Lexus; lucky to be permitted a Land Rover. And there's a G-Klasse and a very old VW mobile home, from back when I used to campaign.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Evoque.. The management tells me all other SUV’s are ugly. :-/
    I still use the old Freelander 2. Great engines and great for the hounds on muddy days

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Had a Y plate X-type 3.0L V6 manual for 9 years and 180k miles, loved it. Found the S-type too wallowy.

Currently have a Focus 1.5L 150bhp in my downsized retirement, practical. Insurance renewal was up 60%! Cheapest alternative quote >50%. Mrs Lincs has a Fiesta 1.0L ecoboost, nippy enough. Fiesta being discontinued which is a shame as has been safe choice for second car for several iterations.
    Insurance.

Just renewed mine for the Skoda.

Was £300 last year. Quoted renewal at £500.

Got cover for £450. No claims made...

Robbing ****s.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't know, the last time I gave it a bit of a run I got about 12 mpg, I think.
    Any thoughts on the new Lexus LBX, SC?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I quite fancied one of those, for similar purposes (horses, hounds, girls' hockey teams, son's boy scout crew etc.) but the wife, being the chauvinist she is, will not tolerate foreign cars. No Beamer, no Lexus; lucky to be permitted a Land Rover. And there's a G-Klasse and a very old VW mobile home, from back when I used to campaign.
    Isn't everything foreign these days, r?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Isn't everything foreign these days, r?
    Well, quite. It's all made in Hong Kong nowadays, I think.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Insurance.

Just renewed mine for the Skoda.

Was £300 last year. Quoted renewal at £500.

Got cover for £450. No claims made...

Robbing ****s.
    It is outright theft. Money for Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post

The Vectra is horrible to drive but it does at least work.

I fancy the X type but whenever I go for a car I really fancy it tends to blow up in my face. Same with women.... better off sticking to the ugly but practical ones