Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal finances

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Certainly if we keep losing £50m+ a year! I still don't get how our commercial revenue (much improved last year) is still so far behind our rivals. Maybe, our books are a lot more honest......
    Yeah City really did make an 80m profit

Although Champions League money will also make a big difference this year as well

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Yeah I feel like we haven't seen the very best of him and he has been a bit unlucky playing at LB most of the time (although he has started to play very well there). As you say, with Timber back next season there probably isn't a lot of room for him and we've been quite heavily linked to that young CB at Ajax so if we get him one of the ones we have will need to go.
    Time will tell but there’s no guarantee Timber will avoid further complications. That’s quite the injury and the fall out could be mental as well as physical.
    Hopefully, he won’t join the queue of brittle, sick notes who are side lined with predictable regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Time will tell but there’s no guarantee Timber will avoid further complications. That’s quite the injury and the fall out could be mental as well as physical.
    Hopefully, he won’t join the queue of brittle, sick notes who are side lined with predictable regularity.
    He's now back in full training, but I reckon MA will use him sparingly from the bench for the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Yeah I feel like we haven't seen the very best of him and he has been a bit unlucky playing at LB most of the time (although he has started to play very well there). As you say, with Timber back next season there probably isn't a lot of room for him and we've been quite heavily linked to that young CB at Ajax so if we get him one of the ones we have will need to go.
    He is unfortunate in that Gabriel never seems to get injured. We haven't really seen him as a left-sided centre back which is really his main role. I hope he doesn't leave.

He's now back in full training, but I reckon MA will use him sparingly from the bench for the next month or so.
    I doubt we will see him, unless there are a couple of dead rubbers at the end of the season.

It is a long time to be out and it is a very tricky injury. He'll need a long time to get up to speed and, of course, he hasn't really played with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I doubt we will see him, unless there are a couple of dead rubbers at the end of the season.

It is a long time to be out and it is a very tricky injury. He'll need a long time to get up to speed and, of course, he hasn't really played with everyone.
    If he's back in full training, he'll be back soon. Silly to suggest otherwise. It was a bad injury but nowhere near as bad as some make out. He was back running quite soon after his op

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If he's back in full training, he'll be back soon. Silly to suggest otherwise. It was a bad injury but nowhere near as bad as some make out. He was back running quite soon after his op
    Doesn't it take a fair while to build up overall fitness though? Match fitness.

I wouldn't fancy sticking him in at the business end of the season if he hasn't played for more than 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Doesn't it take a fair while to build up overall fitness though? Match fitness.

I wouldn't fancy sticking him in at the business end of the season if he hasn't played for more than 6 months.
    If he's in full training with the rest of the squad then his fitness must be there or thereabouts.

If he's in full training with the rest of the squad then his fitness must be there or thereabouts.
    It may depend on whether/ when Zinchenko and Tomiyasu are back.

Exactly - full training means he has built up his strength. p has a point in that there is often a set back (see Leah ) - but no reason not to play