Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal finances

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If Real Madrid sign Mbappe they are ****ed for years, PSG , Newcastle the question mark is right, City? We beat them to Rice - not sure they are as attractive an option as you think
    London, even with it's many faults, is still an attractive destination. My worry is eventually spurs are going to have some money.

If Real Madrid sign Mbappe they are ****ed for years, PSG , Newcastle the question mark is right, City? We beat them to Rice - not sure they are as attractive an option as you think
    R Madrid can always sell their training ground back to the council for 500m Euro. again.

PSG - I mean who would want to go there? Messi and Neymar did.

Newcastle - was a ****house comment...

City - whilst Pep is there, they would surely be the destination of choice, no? (I think Deccers likes the lure of London over the Mancunian drizzle)
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    My worry is eventually spurs are going to have some money.
    But they'll still be spurs...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    But they'll still be spurs...
    Exactly. As long as they remain Spurs, I am not worried.

You have to wonder whether they really wanted Rice.

I think the wages they pay are quite attractive.

Post reported to Alex Iwobi...

Decent point.

And as our youngsters get better Real Madrid, PSG, Newcastle(?) and Man City (to whom FFP doesn't really apply) will come and sniff...
    Saliba is the one I think we will struggle to keep long term.

R Madrid can always sell their training ground back to the council for 500m Euro. again.

PSG - I mean who would want to go there? Messi and Neymar did.

Newcastle - was a ****house comment...

City - whilst Pep is there, they would surely be the destination of choice, no? (I think Deccers likes the lure of London over the Mancunian drizzle)
    PSG are not the lure they were - they've already gone from Messi and Neymar to Dembeke and Randal Kolo Muani (decent players but not the same.) Lots of talk of the Qataris pulling out soon as well. Definitely not worried about them

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Saliba is the one I think we will struggle to keep long term.
    I agree - but you are always going to lose one, maybe too, and sometimes they appear to be **** for other teams

PSG are not the lure they were - they've already gone from Messi and Neymar to Dembeke and Randal Kolo Muani (decent players but not the same.) Lots of talk of the Qataris pulling out soon as well. Definitely not worried about them
    I didn't know that bit.

Although, will another team, somewhere else, benefit from their bottomless pit of cash once they exit Paris?

I agree - but you are always going to lose one, maybe too, and sometimes they appear to be **** for other teams
    Agreed. It is Saka you have to keep. Odegaard, Martinelli. The ones you took as kids and helped develop into great players.

I would like us to keep looking at signings like Kiwior. The ones starting to show real potential but without the price tag.