Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do we think is a good score on this pitch? 250+

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    True. But he doesn't need to be encouraged to be more adventurous. His natural rhythm is already perfect for test cricket.

Same with Stokes. You look at his innings at Headingley- people forget he scored 6 off about 80 the balls the previous evening. Like Root, he is good enough and shrewd enough to judge and play the situation.
    Absolutely agree - and with your point about the others above. But trusting them does also mean accepting the foibles and I think Root genuinely likes playing the "naughty shot" though he doesn't need to

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Absolutely agree - and with your point about the others above. But trusting them does also mean accepting the foibles and I think Root genuinely likes playing the "naughty shot" though he doesn't need to
    He does. He has always had a problem leaving outside off stump. He gets bored seeing the ball constantly fly by and can end up wafting at one.

The best thing about Bazball is convincing players it is ok to fail and it is ok to be yourself. Aside from the others I mentioned, it brought Bairstow back to form (prior to this series) and that is a huge boost for the side.

And... has to be said this side has never been better to watch than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Foakes to the rescue!! (and Root). Oddly, probably the 2 players capable of playing 'proper' cricket'
    Ask me this time tomorrow. i think it's flattened out so maybe 300 is par.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Foakes to the rescue!! (and Root). Oddly, probably the 2 players capable of playing 'proper' cricket'
    Almost right
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."