Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I didn’t mean to have a go at Arteta last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    To be fair, the majority of the time we play some lovely football. WE just haven't mastered the art of balancing this in a more cautious and structured way. We end up as toothless, static drones, knocking balls across our lines for 90 minutes until someone falls over and we concede a goal.

So sorry to hear about the missus. Best wishes
    Thank you Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    pfffft! Old hat, that ****, sc. And get with the project, you dinosaur...
    I admit it i, I’m as old as the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, we're are just two points off the top of the most difficult league in Europe, Peter. So we aren't *that* bad.

If the point that Charles is making is that football is all a bit samey, then I agree with him. Everyone seems to play the same system, endless pressing, flood midfield, get the ball back as quickly as possible when you lose it, push forward again.

Teams used to be about players only, so every team was different. Now it's just who does the same thing the best.

If that's his point, I agree with him.
    That’s my point

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That’s my point
    My dad used to watch Wenger's sides and sit there muttering about George Eastham.

I guess it happens to us all

Well, not me. Not with football anyway.

My dad used to watch Wenger's sides and sit there muttering about George Eastham.

I guess it happens to us all

Well, not me. Not with football anyway.
    Now I come to think of it, cars are no good any more, the weather’s ****, movies are all rubbish these days… and don’t get me started on music. The last album worth buying was The Rising ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Now I come to think of it, cars are no good any more, the weather’s ****, movies are all rubbish these days… and don’t get me started on music. The last album worth buying was The Rising ffs.
    You didn't like Wrecking Ball?

The only area where I think I am becoming genuinely old fashioned is politics- I still seem to think that men don't become women and that anti semitism is generally bad.

I suppose I need 'educating'......

The only area where I think I am becoming genuinely old fashioned is politics- I still seem to think that men don't become women and that anti semitism is generally bad.

You need to spend some time with that nice old Mr Corbyn, p. He’ll put you right

If it's any consolation, my daughters get that women don't have cocks and there are only 2 genders.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    If it's any consolation, my daughters get that women don't have cocks and there are only 2 genders.
    I'm 1 for 2. Daughter is old skool, son is as woke as you like.

I got massively told off for calling some footballer a faggot for diving around feigning injury the other month. What's the world come to when you can't call someone a faggot for that? When I was a younger man and playing hockey, football and basketball you couldn't get through a game without being called that word and using that word against an opponent.

I swear every one of us started every game we ever played with that word on the edge of our tongues.

It's right up there with the 'n' word nowadays appazza

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'm 1 for 2. Daughter is old skool, son is as woke as you like.

I got massively told off for calling some footballer a faggot for diving around feigning injury the other month. What's the world come to when you can't call someone a faggot for that? When I was a younger man and playing hockey, football and basketball you couldn't get through a game without being called that word and using that word against an opponent.

I swear every one of us started every game we ever played with that word on the edge of our tongues.

It's right up there with the 'n' word nowadays appazza
    Faggot is a very North American insult, hence when you saying you're going for a fag you always get an odd look from your lot.