Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm afraid we deserved that

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    F*ck knows how no one (I'm looking at you Declan) put some pressure on the ball and let that Porto pr1ck have a pop from there - insane
    What infuriated me (apart from the ref and Porto players throwing themselves to the floor) was our inability to play the ball ahead of Martinelli for him to run onto. The space was there and they kept playing either behind him or straight to him.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    What infuriated me (apart from the ref and Porto players throwing themselves to the floor) was our inability to play the ball ahead of Martinelli for him to run onto. The space was there and they kept playing either behind him or straight to him.
    Whilst I thought Havertz was about the same as the rest of them last night, there was a ball late in the first half into Martinelli that would have put him in - he f*cked it up

Whilst I thought Havertz was about the same as the rest of them last night, there was a ball late in the first half into Martinelli that would have put him in - he f*cked it up
    Yes and wasn't a difficult pass. Saliba was pretty awful last night, I'll excuse him one poor game.

When that bloke hit the post and then missed I was very confused. it was one of the strangest ones like that I have seen, thought my tv had gone wrong.

It's quite depressing how on here the talk is "I dOnT eVeN fEaR rEaL mAdRiD" and then we lose to Porto. 🐸

F*ck knows how no one (I'm looking at you Declan) put some pressure on the ball and let that Porto pr1ck have a pop from there - insane
    It is because we won the ball three times and gave it straight back to them. That causes anxiety and pulls people out of position.

You could criticise Raya for being too far off his line but three times he has adjusted assuming we are going to be moving up the pitch....

You can chuck the ball away once but the second time you have to deal with it. We didn't. 9 times out of 10 the guy skies it or curls it wide. You could argue we were a bit unlucky but sometimes you make your own bad luck.

I remember that ball! In his defence, he was trying to play Martinelli in on goal with a narrower pass, rather than the safer pass wide. Worth the risk there, but he got it a bit wrong.

We are not very good at this game management stuff yet. It affects our decision making about where and when to take risks and often ends up making us slow and predictable. And then vulnerable to errors.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yes and wasn't a difficult pass. Saliba was pretty awful last night, I'll excuse him one poor game.
    He has had several poor games recently. I think something is up. Maybe he is carrying a little knock or is just 'in the red zone' .

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He has had several poor games recently. I think something is up. Maybe he is carrying a little knock or is just 'in the red zone' .
    I think he may have become a little over confident. it worked in the past and usually gets' away with it. I think he started to look like he'll deal with things slowly and with ease and it's not really worked.

Gabriel needs more praise. And to think Arteta wasn't playing him at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think he may have become a little over confident. it worked in the past and usually gets' away with it. I think he started to look like he'll deal with things slowly and with ease and it's not really worked.

Gabriel needs more praise. And to think Arteta wasn't playing him at the start of the season.
    Gabriel has been our best CB this season.