Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm afraid we deserved that

I'm afraid we deserved that

Offered absolutely nothing going forward all night and we've been sloppy.

Had three chances to clear that ball in the last minute of injury time. Silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

A naive end to the match.

They're ****. We'll **** them at home.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

At least we will have to go for it now.

Hmmmm..... we'll see. Silliness like that tends to bite you in this competition.

1 min from decent game managment imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Sloppy yes, but you have to give them credit defensively, they defended in and around their box exceptionally well. It was Mourinhoesque.

What is it about Portuguese teams? Endlessly cynical and negative. I mean I know gamesmanship is part of football (sadly) but these c*nts routinely take it to a new level.

1 min from decent game managment imo
    I just think we didn't play well. A lot of loose passes and poor touches. Nervy start, naïve end.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Sloppy yes, but you have to give them credit defensively, they defended in and around their box exceptionally well. It was Mourinhoesque.

What is it about Portuguese teams? Endlessly cynical and negative. I mean I know gamesmanship is part of football (sadly) but these c*nts routinely take it to a new level.
    I thought they did well denying us space in midfield in the first half but less so in the second. We had plenty of opportunities to create but we kept losing shape or playing the safe ball.

Ref ****ing annoyed me at the corners. They were the ones shoving and jostling and he kept giving them the free kick or lecturing our players.

The problem with our attempts to control and kill games is our ability to find a way to concede goals. That goal just shouldn't have happened.

This wasn't good enough and Arteta will be fuming.

I just think we didn't play well. A lot of loose passes and poor touches. Nervy start, naïve end.
    Right. Time for another trip to Dubai, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The pitch was set up for a **** match. Let's see them on the carpet...