Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So with our PL/CL double firmly on schedule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Peter Allardici

I more of a 30 Years War man - far more fun. And with added Swedes
    More dead Hun than any other war. {30% of the population?}

Love the way that our contemporaneous civil war combines the wars of religion aspect of the 30YW with the politics of the Fr Rev 140 years later.

We both ended the wars of religion and were already in the Enlightenment while we did it.

Though Swedes - I haven't said Gustavus Adolphus since the Louis XIV half of history A-level in the late '80s.

Great name, too. {Not as good as Limpar or Freddie but better than Stefan Schwarz.}

Gustavus Adolphus. Fück. I'd forgotten how good that sounded. Gustavus Adolphus. Cheers, LA. Gustavus Adolphus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    More dead Hun than any other war. {30% of the population?}

Love the way that our contemporaneous civil war combines the wars of religion aspect of the 30YW with the politics of the Fr Rev 140 years later.

We both ended the wars of religion and were already in the Enlightenment while we did it.

Though Swedes - I haven't said Gustavus Adolphus since the Louis XIV half of history A-level in the late '80s.

Great name, too. {Not as good as Limpar or Freddie but better than Stefan Schwarz.}

Gustavus Adolphus. Fück. I'd forgotten how good that sounded. Gustavus Adolphus. Cheers, LA. Gustavus Adolphus.
    Very much the Swede I was thinking of - one of my favourites as well

Very much the Swede I was thinking of - one of my favourites as well
    I place him behind Freddie and Anders but just ahead of Borg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I place him behind Freddie and Anders but just ahead of Borg.
    Never liked Borg - always more of a McEnroe man, right down to the fact that the part of my tennis game I practised most was throwing my racket down in anger

Never liked Borg - always more of a McEnroe man, right down to the fact that the part of my tennis game I practised most was throwing my racket down in anger
    Same here! My tennis coach used to lose his **** at me for making more of an effort at throwing a tantrum than actually listening to him. Probably why I didn't make it to the top level.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Same here! My tennis coach used to lose his **** at me for making more of an effort at throwing a tantrum than actually listening to him. Probably why I didn't make it to the top level.
    I was never really any good but I did tell people that Peter McNamara was my cousin (probably is somewhere down the line) to make them think I was good

I was never really any good but I did tell people that Peter McNamara was my cousin (probably is somewhere down the line) to make them think I was good
    I was county level but spending hours on end with just a coach did my head in. Wanted to be playing cricket and football with my mates. Sacked off swimming for similar reasons.