Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: In the last two games I dont really understand what Havertz was supposed to be doing

In the last two games I dont really understand what Havertz was supposed to be doing

I only know that he has been doing it very well

His movement at Burnley was brilliant. His best game so far.

He can still improve hugely but I think we are beginning to see him genuinely understand his job, even if I don't

There are a few players Arteta is showing us I told you so. (not you in particular)

Havertz - let's hope it continues, Raya and now Kiwior.

I like that they are letting Kiwior do a more natural role for him. And Ben White is doing the Zinchenko thing from the other side.
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 02-19-2024 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    There are a few players Arteta is showing us I told you so. (not you in particular)

Havertz - let's hope it continues, Raya and now Kiwior.

I like that they are letting Kiwior do a more natural role for him. And Ben White is doing the Zinchenko thing from the other side.
    Kiwior is a bit unlucky that Gabriel never seems to get injured. We've hardly seen him as a left sided centre back. He looks good as a standard left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

He can still improve hugely but I think we are beginning to see him genuinely understand his job, even if I don't
    He's getting into the right positions at the right time and then doing the right thing.

Or put another way, playing football really well

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    He's getting into the right positions at the right time and then doing the right thing.

Or put another way, playing football really well
    Right.. but is that what he is supposed to be doing?

Right.. but is that what he is supposed to be doing?
    Not according to opposition fans

He's a Raumdeuter. NOBODY understands what they're supposed to be doing, not even Pep. You just have to let them get on with it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's a Raumdeuter. NOBODY understands what they're supposed to be doing, not even Pep. You just have to let them get on with it.
    Dennis would have known.

Dennis would have known.
    Decent comparison. Kai also doesn't mind letting the defender know he's there.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."