Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: This would make me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes but in this case you had significant symptoms so it made sense to go see one of them, I would have done the same.

But my point was that 'preventative' medicine can do more harm than good given the stress associated with it and the potential pointlessness of it. At 55 the NHS sends you can invitation to have some gas rammed up your arse while some bloke looks around in there for potential tumours. I received this despite the fact that I have no symptoms of bowel cancer, no one in my family to my knowledge has ever had it and my lifestyle is not consistent with there being any potential issues.

*******s to that. See also the prostate cancer test which a GP told me is so unreliable that it's utterly pointless. But they still try and drag you in for one.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, as the saying goes.
    I think in many cases, and for those who look after themselves, you’re absolutely right. You also have to remember that I’m referencing people between 60&70 where these things tend to spring up.
    I’m on it more than most because at 48, after 6 months of buggering about in and out of hospital, I finally got diagnosed with a rare blood disorder stemming from bone marrow failure.
    One of the few upsides to having an illness effecting 2 or 3 per million is that you get incredibly well looked after on the NHS
    They see you as a subject of research.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I think if you’re Doc averse, at least invest in one of those omron blood pressure monitors.
    I’ve had several friends and colleagues drop like a stone. I’m sure if Steve Wright had checked his pressure once in a while, he’d still be here, and for what ? 40 or 50 quid from Amazon.
    The amount of people wandering around like kettles about to blow is truly frightening.
    Poor old Andy Brehme (RIF) for example. Seems to have collected a fair bit of lard since he stopped playing and had an extremely short fuse as a manager.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Poor old Andy Brehme (RIF) for example. Seems to have collected a fair bit of lard since he stopped playing and had an extremely short fuse as a manager.
    I always looked upon Steve Bruce as a clutcher waiting to happen. How Alan Brazil has managed to avoid one is some sort of miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I always looked upon Steve Bruce as a clutcher waiting to happen. How Alan Brazil has managed to avoid one is some sort of miracle.
    Alan Brazil is indeed a human marvel in that respect. 10 years ago he looked nailed on but still going strong.