Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else noticed that since Zinny was injured

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Does he get an assist for the throw in?
    I hope so - lovely run for the fourth goal as well

Surely that makes it even more important?
    Good point.

In my defence, so to speak, I pinched that one from Sir I.V.A. Richards. Cricketers, see. What do they know about football.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Good point.

In my defence, so to speak, I pinched that one from Sir I.V.A. Richards. Cricketers, see. What do they know about football.
    Even Denis Compton was less successful than his brother

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Even Denis Compton was less successful than his brother
    Les was a footballer who played a bit of cricket, as I understand it?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    It’s looking more likely by the week that ESR and Jesus are both crocks and can’t be relied upon across a season. Luxury players, if you will.
    Zinny comes close on that score but appears to be more volatile. The longer time passes without playing, he’s going to hurl his toys out the pram. Probably end with him cling filming Arteta’s personal toilet at Colney tbh.
    Arteta has a personal toilet at Colney? No wonder we can't afford Mbappe.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I hope so - lovely run for the fourth goal as well
    It really is quite incredible how often we are getting behind teams from throw ins. Just shows how easily footballers switch off.

Brilliant work from Arteta and the coaching staff. The last side who carried this much threat from throw ins needed a towel....

Good point.

He talked a good game, Viv.

Played the odd one here and there as well

He talked a good game, Viv.

Played the odd one here and there as well
    Yes. Sadly, not when I was watching. They (the Windians) used to come up to us at Warborough each summer when I was a child; Botham/Foster charity thing.

Yes. Sadly, not when I was watching. They (the Windians) used to come up to us at Warborough each summer when I was a child; Botham/Foster charity thing.
    I think he needed a challenge to rise to. He couldn't be bothered with bowlers who weren't good enough to bowl to him

I think he needed a challenge to rise to. He couldn't be bothered with bowlers who weren't good enough to bowl to him
    Not very charitable