Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else noticed that since Zinny was injured

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's like Flamini. He works at full-back so long as he never gets caught actually playing in the full-back position (which Flamini did not, of course). Well-covered on the inside by Senderos and ahead by Reyes; those balls in behind had to be perfect. And they never were, rarely are.
    Flamini, despite not liking the FB position, was better at it than Zinny is imo.

I don't remember the opposition targetting MF like they do OZ
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Flamini, despite not liking the FB position, was better at it than Zinny is imo.

We made the CL final with a back four of Eboue Toure Senderos and Flamini

Funny ole game

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, we're scoring for fun so hard to see Arteta making many changes up front or in midfield.

Amazing given that we have a DM who can't pass between the lines.

Peter
    It’s looking more likely by the week that ESR and Jesus are both crocks and can’t be relied upon across a season. Luxury players, if you will.
    Zinny comes close on that score but appears to be more volatile. The longer time passes without playing, he’s going to hurl his toys out the pram. Probably end with him cling filming Arteta’s personal toilet at Colney tbh.

Funny ole game
    one of the 109 games Almunia should never have played in...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

They all tried but, as I say, it just didn't work. We were ready for it. Spurs, I think, finally had some joy late on in the experiment.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Well, we're scoring for fun so hard to see Arteta making many changes up front or in midfield.

Amazing given that we have a DM who can't pass between the lines.

Peter
    In tight areas, he still can't. Although he is getting better.

The difference is not Zinchenko being missing. It is the use of Ben White as an inverted full back on the other side in the last two games. Kiwior is clearly far more comfortable as a conventional left back or centre back. White is adjusting to the role pretty nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    In tight areas, he still can't. Although he is getting better.

The difference is not Zinchenko being missing. It is the use of Ben White as an inverted full back on the other side in the last two games. Kiwior is clearly far more comfortable as a conventional left back or centre back. White is adjusting to the role pretty nicely.
    Ben White is a very very useful footballer. Funny how no one really mentions his fee anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ben White is a very very useful footballer. Funny how no one really mentions his fee anymore
    Whilst his non-selection for England is ridiculous, it's also very helpful for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He really is. Sometimes a big fee can begin to look like an absolute steal over time.

I am stunned we haven't tried him in this role before. It seems perfect for him. Only downside is it reduces Saka's overlap options- but then when you have a right foot as good as his that matters less

Funny ole game
    And they didn't concede a goal in the knock-outs.