Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else noticed that since Zinny was injured

Has anyone else noticed that since Zinny was injured

we are much more stable at the back and keeping clean sheets.

Without any noticeable drop off in scoring goals, quite the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

I think our two former Man City players do not immediately get into the starting xi when they are back. Trossard and Havertz are playing nicely together too

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think our two former Man City players do not immediately get into the starting xi when they are back. Trossard and Havertz are playing nicely together too
    Well, we're scoring for fun so hard to see Arteta making many changes up front or in midfield.

Amazing given that we have a DM who can't pass between the lines.

Peter

Yes, my boy told me awhile back that he (Zinny) was a midfielder by trade but essentially too good to be left out yet not disciplined ("beefy" as Anaconda might say) enough to be trusted to hold the middle of the park together.

Playing him at full-back is simply the best compromise anybody's come up with. Risk versus Reward and a' that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, my boy told me awhile back that he (Zinny) was a midfielder by trade but essentially too good to be left out yet not disciplined ("beefy" as Anaconda might say) enough to be trusted to hold the middle of the park together.

Playing him at full-back is simply the best compromise anybody's come up with. Risk versus Reward and a' that.
    True, but perhaps we've discovered that the risk is not needed as the other players are getting used to each other and/or playing at a higher level so we're scoring goals without the need for a risky left back.

Personally, red, I'm with George - let's get it right at the back

True, but perhaps we've discovered that the risk is not needed as the other players are getting used to each other and/or playing at a higher level so we're scoring goals without the need for a risky left back.

Kiwior getting better and better each match. Wasn't much of a fan to begin with but beginning to warm to him now.

He's a midfielder. How anyone thinks he's a defender, is beyond me.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Kiwior getting better and better each match. Wasn't much of a fan to begin with but beginning to warm to him now.
    Decent work for our fourth. Should've trusted him earlier last season; he was a big part of the reason we won the January transfer window. Signed him because we didn't much fancy Rob Holding anymore but then we played Rob anyway
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He's a midfielder. How anyone thinks he's a defender, is beyond me.
    He's like Flamini. He works at full-back so long as he never gets caught actually playing in the full-back position (which Flamini did not, of course). Well-covered on the inside by Senderos and ahead by Reyes; those balls in behind had to be perfect. And they never were, rarely are.

No point defending if you can't score goals. George knew that. #9